The worrying path PokeMMO is taking

Hello everyone
I'm posting this post because the path taken by PokeMMO scares me and many players...
It's very worrying the system they have put in place for sacred beasts, I see that many players are guided by their passion and not by reason.
You don't realize how sacred beasts will no longer have any value, it won't even be an achievement to have them.
You are just happy to have them without thinking about the consequences behind...
For Shaymin, it was perfect because Shaymin lives in a community and is not legendary but it's totally different with sacred beasts
they won't even be legendary anymore since everyone can get them, why not just put the same system as mewtoo and arceus if it would have a similar result, at least they are limited in time.
You will understand later when everyone has the sacred beasts like the classic Pokémon

Edited by Pasteque42

I don't agree. The option to keep semi-powerful legendaries permanently is more exciting than just a temporary option. I highly doubt legendaries such as Rayquaza, Mewtwo, Kyogre, Groudon etc. will ever be available as permanent captures, though, but who knows. 

For now, it's exciting with the dog trio, and possibly the Kanto birds, Hoenn regis and alike coming too. 

Las bestias sagradas no hacen ningun mal al juego nadie se ha quejado de este tema eres la unica persona que se queja de esto y si te recuerdo antes hace años  los moderadores nos dijeron que pondrian legendarios para todos los jugadores entonces el camino que esta tomando es excelente si no fuese por esto este juego ya estaria en su camino de desaparición 

33 minutes ago, Pasteque42 said:

you only say that because you are happy like you give candy to children
you'll see in 1 or 2 years when everyone will be walking around with their legendary
it makes no sense to keep a legendary without constraint or penalty

Did someone say candy? 

2 minutes ago, Poufilou said:

I just hope they make the next ones have more meaningful encounters because the gameplay of sitting through thousands single encounters is not very exciting or special. They waited a long time before introducing legendaries because they wanted to do something cool with it and we end up with this lol

You just need better keyboard skills, Poufi - it's very cool when you master going left and right without looking at your keyboard.

59 minutes ago, Poufilou said:

They waited a long time before introducing legendaries because they wanted to do something cool with it and we end up with this lol

I agree with you. But in their defense the legendary dogs worked the same in original games, just walking around the region, they replicate that.

1 hour ago, Pasteque42 said:

you'll see in 1 or 2 years when everyone will be walking around with their legendary

The same logic apply to alpha pokemon over the time you'll see more players with them.

It'll be much more common.

at that time the dev 'll come up with something like "sigma pokemon". Like they did for secret shinies.

Alpha/shiny/legendary are the show for players who play a lot.

Nobody here is asking for a legendary as s starter. 😄

If in the next years you'll see more players with those end game pokemon, it's a signal the player base is aging, there's more veteran than new player.

2 hours ago, Pasteque42 said:

I hope they implement legendaries like Groudon Dialga so people like you can be happy that PokeMMO will die

Lmfao, so because I don't agree with your opinion about having permanent legendaries in this game I am suddenly a sucker for them? Cause I am really not. 

Totodile, Mareep, any classic gen 1-3 Mon >>> any legendaries, maybe except for Mew, in my opinion. 

I just like that we are finally able to have some legendaries in the game. It's a nice feature. I rather have some legendaries than none, cause I am pretty sure not all of them will be permanently added but rather temporarily like the really OP ones. 

That being said, I am extremely sorry that we all don't agree with you. I hope you will be able to heal and manage to still enjoy exploring this legendary community. 🙂

Nah having Legendaries is fire I don't care, if that kills the game for you ("you" as in "anyone reading this") that's 110% a you problem. Hell I wouldn't even mind the more OP Legendaries being obtainable if for no other reason than having a fully completed OT dex, there's nothing forcing me to use them even if I have them after all.

There probably should be a "barrier of entry" to unlock being able to capture Legendaries though like Mt. Silver has, feel like Suicune, Raikou and Entei might be too available to find. Not saying this is the best or even a good one but "Complete all regions + complete dex + minimum 1,000 hours of playtime" for example. That way not just ANYONE can get them, you have to be an at least somewhat dedicated player.

Either way, hoping to see the Legendary Birds become obtainable somehow in the future, they're my 2nd favorite trio behind the weather trio :D.

1 hour ago, Metthew said:

Nah having Legendaries is fire I don't care, if that kills the game for you ("you" as in "anyone reading this") that's 110% a you problem. Hell I wouldn't even mind the more OP Legendaries being obtainable if for no other reason than having a fully completed OT dex, there's nothing forcing me to use them even if I have them after all.

There probably should be a "barrier of entry" to unlock being able to capture Legendaries though like Mt. Silver has, feel like Suicune, Raikou and Entei might be too available to find. Not saying this is the best or even a good one but "Complete all regions + complete dex + minimum 1,000 hours of playtime" for example. That way not just ANYONE can get them, you have to be an at least somewhat dedicated player.

Either way, hoping to see the Legendary Birds become obtainable somehow in the future, they're my 2nd favorite trio behind the weather trio :D.

Clearly you dont play or understand how PVP works.  Any change to the game is not a "you" issue, it effects the entire game as a whole.  And not only pvp but would change the format for every PVE event , GYM reruns, Farming for currency strategies etc.  For someone to be so careless to effect the entire game just because you want to complete your pokedex is one of the most selfish and thoughtless statement ive read in a while.

57 minutes ago, petemitchell said:

Clearly you dont play or understand how PVP works.  Any change to the game is not a "you" issue, it effects the entire game as a whole.  And not only pvp but would change the format for every PVE event , GYM reruns, Farming for currency strategies etc.  For someone to be so careless to effect the entire game just because you want to complete your pokedex is one of the most selfish and thoughtless statement ive read in a while.

Actually never mind ignore this post, not worth having the conversation cause contest of opinion and they'll never get added anyway, I'm not trying to argue. Enjoy the rest of your weekend man.

Edited by Metthew
Changed my mind
6 hours ago, Metthew said:

Not saying this is the best or even a good one but "Complete all regions + complete dex + minimum 1,000 hours of playtime" for example.

Time gameplay is one of the most wrong requisite you could come up.

It's like rewarding someone for staying online, even if he doesn't anything, taking up space in the server.

Complete the dex of the region the legendary 'll appear is enough imho.

Otherwise you' ll unlock all legendaries at the same time.

5 hours ago, petemitchell said:

Nobody doubt legendary 'd form their own class in PVP. So you 'll never find them in OU, UU, NU.

As for PVE, I think the developer should have set the level of legendary dogs as 60, so you couldn't use for E4 in any other main plot.

Then they 'd have made much more difficult and time consuming maximizing the IV.

3x31 IV garanteed ? that was a mistake.

and even 20 free rainbow quill ?

If it was for me level cap 10 IV for legendary

So at the end casual player would be fine even with a weak IV legendary, they complete the dex and main plot.

People of gym rematch will stay with their optimized current team, 

Some people 'll take their time to farm rainbow quills and sell then the legendary at crazy price.

True strong legendary 'll remain quite exclusive.

Another way I 'd have preferred is time limit legendary, as I explained in the other thread: 

On 9/16/2023 at 12:33 PM, Pasteque42 said:

Hello everyone
I'm posting this post because the path taken by PokeMMO scares me and many players...
It's very worrying the system they have put in place for sacred beasts, I see that many players are guided by their passion and not by reason.
You don't realize how sacred beasts will no longer have any value, it won't even be an achievement to have them.
You are just happy to have them without thinking about the consequences behind...
For Shaymin, it was perfect because Shaymin lives in a community and is not legendary but it's totally different with sacred beasts
they won't even be legendary anymore since everyone can get them, why not just put the same system as mewtoo and arceus if it would have a similar result, at least they are limited in time.
You will understand later when everyone has the sacred beasts like the classic Pokémon

How y'all manage to complain about the wrong things all the time in this forum amazes me.

Who cares if everyone has them. Literally WHO CARES. I don't care if Timmy is happy with his freshly caught Raikou that he's gonna use to beat route 45 trainers. Good for Timmy. The problem, if anything, with the legendary beast system, is that it forces players to grind a boring, endless, RNG-based grind for hours or even days depending on your luck, to get them. It's slowly becoming BikeMMO all over again, and "locking" things behind RNG is just plain bad game design.

But people being able to access all Pokémon is never EVER going to be a bad thing. Y'all need to stop trying to gatekeep colored pixels in an online game.

On 9/16/2023 at 2:06 PM, Metthew said:

I've posted this a few time ago. There is a entry barrier. The legendary obtainable is at least lvl 70, to you be able to use it on a region you has to beat it. For storyline none of them is avaliable and i doubt they will ever be.

Also, my guesses for legendarys:
Unova: Weather trio, but 100% only therian forms. Landorus Incarnate is OP, but Lando-t is not too much.
Sinnoh: Mesprit/Azelf/Uxie.
Kanto: Zapdos/Moltres/Articuno
Hoenn: Regirock/Steel/Ice.

29 minutes ago, caioxlive13 said:

I've posted this a few time ago. There is a entry barrier. The legendary obtainable is at least lvl 70, to you be able to use it on a region you has to beat it. For storyline none of them is avaliable and i doubt they will ever be.

Also, my guesses for legendarys:
Unova: Weather trio, but 100% only therian forms. Landorus Incarnate is OP, but Lando-t is not too much.
Sinnoh: Mesprit/Azelf/Uxie.
Kanto: Zapdos/Moltres/Articuno
Hoenn: Regirock/Steel/Ice.

I was trying to think of a barrier that makes it impossible to start the game and catch one within a couple days. Me personally I completely agree with Doctor, I couldn't possibly care any less if people are able to get a Legendary 6 hours or 6 months into playing, let people enjoy things but I was trying to come up with a compromise for the "they're not special enough!" crowd.

You're probably right though, all the trios share the same/similar BST total and aren't completely busted (aside from Landorus so they'd probably just do what they did with Shaymin for those 3), so if they WERE to release more Legendaries it'd probably be those ones. Maybe others like Celebi, Manaphy etc somewhere down the line. Honestly I'm excited for the future of Legendary additions, I'll never say no to a video game giving me more gameplay options.

Edited by Metthew