How's everyone feeling on the new horde change?

I'm hoping for a Pokedex update if anything, so it's easier to distinguish which of the hordes are an 80% vs. a 20% encounter. I assume that whatever is more common as a single encounter would typically be more common as a horde?

From the perspective of a new shiny hunter, it is pretty disheartening at first glance since they basically increased the chances of phasing... but the flip side is getting the correct shiny in any previous 50/50 will be more rewarding than ever which I guess was the intention.

It'll be interesting to see how the shiny market settles and what specific things are valued at. Overall though, as someone that started their first shunt recently in Dragon's Den & Guidance Chamber, and is still 80k dry right now, it is slightly discouraging knowing that the chances to phase are higher than ever.

Main problem is, as already several time mentioned by newer player (and defended by old woodheads) that the game pushed its narrative more and more towards hardcore-all-in-spend-your-life shunting. After all its easier to adjust and nerf shiny rates instead of comming up with dungeons and actual content, what was promised long time ago already.
Plus changes where the player suffer to prevent bots going rampage since a 2018.

Some vocal minority is somehow defending it like they really have nothing else to do so it wont really get better from here. 
Thats just another nail in the coffin right here.

Imo it's just shitty for the people not able to 24/7 the game or got unlucky so far so they pretty much missed out on Tini and Larv. Especially since Larv is blocked behind OT Dex. Sure I am bias right now being at 60k encounters in total split across both spots and not getting anything but in general I find it unfair since it seems to be a heavy hit, not just "lets make 50:50 into 40:60 or 1/3 : 2/3.

Edit: Also a heads up on such changes would be nice, making people able to priorities certain hordes if they have multiple spots they are hunting at least until such changes hit live.

Edited by CHUCKunso

I think the worst part is that the hordes don't actually follow the walking encounter rate.

I'm not even mad that I got 2 extra shiny Magikarp on my hunt for Dratini before update and now Dratini hordes rarely spawn so it's not even worth continuing.

But some hordes in particular:

Amoonguss/Gligar

Axew/Woobat

Delibird/Jynx

Being the examples I have seen so far.

The first 2 spots have the same rarity, but you'll see a lot more of Amoonguss or Woobat than Gligar or Axew.

The last spot is just atrocious, Delibird is more common than Jynx but you very clearly see mostly Jynx.

Ohh well. Leppas will be a lot cheaper real soon as the demand for them will probably drop. A lot of shiny hunters were spending yen on charms and leppas. Or at least I know for a fact millions of my yen went to charms, donators and leppas. There goes a perfectly fine yen fix. I guess the time for hoarding yen has come again.

1 minute ago, BIood said:

put raticate hordes on all spots next

With 80% enc rate. What they should have done is increased the shiny rate from 30k to 50k or even 60k... I'd be willing to do a lot more encounters with a 50/50 chance as oppose to the current. F shiny hunting. 

2 hours ago, razimove said:

few years too late, that's like trying to control inflation rn

True, could have been sooner. I have been open to decrease shiny rate for years now, but better late than never in regards to keep certain shinies rarer imo

On another note, this is my current list of grievances:

-Devs pissed off new players who feel like older players gain from this due to old shinies, even though real shiny hunters wouldn't sell OTs.

-Devs didn't remove shinies from gtl after a change that impacts their rarity and therefore value;

-Doesn't seem like anyone took into account the quantity of items that is obtained through horde thieving which will inflate the price of many of them, except for amulet coins and heart scales (which were already somewhat expensive when you need 1-4 for a single move);

- Devs wanted to strike at bots but ended up hitting regular players the most since regular players are the ones without time or motivation to shiny hunt and phase 20 times on a pokemon or look for items for a much longer period of time;

-Berry farmers get hit once again, like with every update since new years, first by nerfing gracidea without a good reason (expecting that the devs didn't react on impulse to videos by people who don't farm), second strings being nuked and now making many shiny hunters quit hordes.

Feel free to add to this.