About Event Raids

Alright guys first of ally my bad for my horrible english, im gonna try to tell something about those raids event.

Let me be honest, this time the developers had a great idea to add raid mode into the game for the first time ever.
What are raids?
Raids aren't your typical Gym battles. This opponent is more difficult to defeat than most other Pokémon. Raids include different difficulty levels: level 1, level 2, level 3, level 4 and level 5.
Our developers had the idea of adding this mixed mode between Pokemon Sword and Shield and Pokemon Scarlet and Violet raids.
The various effects that raids cause during challenges are all normal, because they follow the original game itself
For example, if after having maxed out your physical attack the raid activates the "heal pulse" effect, which resets all the statistics, rest assured, it's the same thing on scarlet and violet too.
So there's no point in crying because you can't do the raids, because that's the beauty of these challenges, they don't have to be too simple, it's up to us to ultimately understand how to defeat them and what type of tactics to use.

stop crying, use your head a little.
There's no point in creating useless posts, just because you can't do the raids, I managed to do all 12 of them in solo matchmaking.
Also done with my secondary accounts, struggling a lot, but not because of the raids, but because of you who use Pokemon randomly without thinking about a minimal strategy.
I've even seen people use pokemon like steelix, excadrill and other fire or earth types against gyarados' raid.

If you use a little brain, I'm sure you could do the raids without any problems. You don't need Pokemon with 5x31 stats, I've only used Pokemon with horrendous stats, and passed every single raid without any problem, even after several attempts in some, but I wrote the reason above.

Now stop crying and get busy, thanks, stop creating cringe posts. git gud everyone who comes to complain.

44 minutes ago, DarylDixon said:

Alright guys first of ally my bad for my horrible english, im gonna try to tell something about those raids event.

Let me be honest, this time the developers had a great idea to add raid mode into the game for the first time ever.
What are raids?
Raids aren't your typical Gym battles. This opponent is more difficult to defeat than most other Pokémon. Raids include different difficulty levels: level 1, level 2, level 3, level 4 and level 5.
Our developers had the idea of adding this mixed mode between Pokemon Sword and Shield and Pokemon Scarlet and Violet raids.
The various effects that raids cause during challenges are all normal, because they follow the original game itself
For example, if after having maxed out your physical attack the raid activates the "heal pulse" effect, which resets all the statistics, rest assured, it's the same thing on scarlet and violet too.
So there's no point in crying because you can't do the raids, because that's the beauty of these challenges, they don't have to be too simple, it's up to us to ultimately understand how to defeat them and what type of tactics to use.

stop crying, use your head a little.
There's no point in creating useless posts, just because you can't do the raids, I managed to do all 12 of them in solo matchmaking.
Also done with my secondary accounts, struggling a lot, but not because of the raids, but because of you who use Pokemon randomly without thinking about a minimal strategy.
I've even seen people use pokemon like steelix, excadrill and other fire or earth types against gyarados' raid.

If you use a little brain, I'm sure you could do the raids without any problems. You don't need Pokemon with 5x31 stats, I've only used Pokemon with horrendous stats, and passed every single raid without any problem, even after several attempts in some, but I wrote the reason above.

Now stop crying and get busy, thanks, stop creating cringe posts. git gud everyone who comes to complain.

There might be a counter to this. If they can give some kind of Title / Rank to veteran players ( Of course you'd need to achieve various tasks in order to obtain this title) you can then make use of this to find matches with players also having the title or at least players that meets your standard as opposed to newcomers. I get that they made the raids in a way that you can win them by using minimal stat mons in order for everyone to be able to participate... but that does not matter because you'd still join a room with a newcomer that has the required mons but unfortunately lacks the expertise or ability to contribute a good play to the room. Makes no sense for veterans to carry newcomers continuously.

Example: I had more success in raids by using Chinese rooms as opposed to others because let's face it. The majority of players are chinese and they're more clued up than most. This can also be said for shrine. It is absolutely hopeless trying to do a leaderboard run with randoms because the odds of joining a room with 3 other players that are up to par with your understanding / knowledge regarding the event is very unlikely. The majority of the Lucky Red Envelopes are generated by Friends / Teams joining together and not by randoms.

Edited by Goku

Yeah I had been matched with some people who did bring their Typhlosions and Excadrills to the Gyrados raid.

Blew my mind how little people were ready to contribute to winning the raid.
It’s like they are queueing up with high expectations of being carried and if they are too much heavy weight, they complain on the forums for raids being too difficult.

I hope the devs may consider adding a team board where you can see the 6 Pokemon of people who signed up on the board for raids. People listed on the board could then be invited to join your link.

20 minutes ago, Raichuforyou said:

I think the idea of keeping more experienced people with experienced/better people in raids is a horrible idea and just results in a feedback loop where good players always get good teammates and bad players always get bad teammates.

Then it will give the "bad" players motivation to become "good" players. 

1 hour ago, Goku said:

Then it will give the "bad" players motivation to become "good" players. 

No, it will keep the "bad" players in the "bad" players queue forever because they'll keep losing vs the raid boss constantly. Trying to gatekeep matchmaking between the "good" and the "bad" players is a terrible idea and shouldn't even be thought of.

Let's face it guys, in the end raids are still just an AI Pokémon match wich just isn't that hard. Everyone with like 3 braincells should be able to do them. You don't even need comps for that. 

While the addition of matchmaking is fine for me (haven't used it tho) our player base should maybe consider to socialize and make friends to play the raids and start communicating before playing the raid, we are still playing a mmo. 

5 hours ago, CaptnBaklava said:

Let's face it guys, in the end raids are still just an AI Pokémon match wich just isn't that hard. Everyone with like 3 braincells should be able to do them. You don't even need comps for that. 

While the addition of matchmaking is fine for me (haven't used it tho) our player base should maybe consider to socialize and make friends to play the raids and start communicating before playing the raid, we are still playing a mmo. 

Cap’n gets it. First of all it’s an MMO, of course raids are multiplayer. I couldn’t imagine people asking WoW devs to make raids single player because they get matched with idiots that deal no DPS. How hard can it be to have THREE friends. If you want to do stuff completely on your own, you have, well, THE ENTIRETY OF THE GAME to do so. Raids (and I guess CNY) are such a minuscule part of it, and you guys still want to turboautism them. Grow up, talk to people, make some friends along the way and enjoy an MMO for what it is: a multiplayer game.

It took me literally five minutes of asking around in global chat when I first came back to the game in 2018 to find some friends that spoke my language, and I hadn’t been playing since like 2014-2015. Like two years after that I joined my current team and we were ten?? Or so members. Now we are at the cap, my friendlist is full and I’ve met tons of people.

Talk to people and maybe you won’t have a problem joining raids. And if that’s not your cup of tea, maybe playing a Massive MULTIPLAYER Online game isn’t really suited for you.

5 hours ago, CaptnBaklava said:

Yes, a minimum of interaction between players should be mandatory to form a team before starting a raid. In my opinion, the current matchmaking system creates a situation close to a fight against an AI with a group of more or less effective bots as allies. If you have ideas for improvements, do not hesitate to share them on this page.

I managed to finish all 12 raids in solo matchmaking too, it was way more fun than following some guide or prepping the ultimate group/pokemon team would have been. I did get paired with people who were using under leveled mons/ hm slaves/ didn't even know how to use link chat xD.

15 hours ago, DarylDixon said:

The skill &/ resource gap between new players and vets might be bigger than we realize. Some people don't even have the right mons to begin with and end up just entering raids with whatever mons they got. Its unfair to discredit their struggles because they cant do what you can easily do. At least for events it would have been nice if new players got an option to get standard random teams to beat some of the raids (ofc im assuming event raids were meant as a feature for everyone and not just end game players)

1 hour ago, BrokenJoker said:

event raids

Yea imo that's a keyword.

Since it's LNY content it should be made accessible to all, and I believe those raids are not too hard so you can duo carry all of them if you tag with another "good" player.

Probably many of us carried a player using story mons and/or alphas without EVs/Movesets, and that's fine, that's part of the spirit of the event 😄 

For sure what awaits us later (5* raids and above) will be much harder endgame content that requires full preparation and team coordination 🙂 And I'm here for it !

22 hours ago, TohnR said:

Yea imo that's a keyword.

Since it's LNY content it should be made accessible to all, and I believe those raids are not too hard so you can duo carry all of them if you tag with another "good" player.

Probably many of us carried a player using story mons and/or alphas without EVs/Movesets, and that's fine, that's part of the spirit of the event 😄 

For sure what awaits us later (5* raids and above) will be much harder endgame content that requires full preparation and team coordination 🙂 And I'm here for it !

What you said its right, but with this eventi even newb can grind well and buyng some counter Mons for the raids, its fine if they aren't evtrained, but at least its a small contribute to help 

14小时前,DarylDixon 说:

What you said its right, but with this eventi even newb can grind well and buyng some counter Mons for the raids, its fine if they aren't evtrained, but at least its a small contribute to help 

totally agreed.

I bought Alpha Gliscor and some other alpha (0 ev) BUT gave some TMs (eg Thunder for Jolteon) and managed to do all raid solo-queing

Nice Post Bro..you have a gud Point there but solo que develops in some Kind of gamble because i rarely see ppl who know what they are doing xDDD 

That obviously doesnt mean that im the raidgod himself... I would like to see more communicaton... Bc when i try to talk Most Guys wont even answer  and then they leave xDDD