[PSL V] PokeMMO Super League Season 5 - Week 6

16 minutes ago, KingBowser said:

Can some show me the math on if lions are in the playoffs, want to shit talk fire so bad.

you gonna have to wait a week, right now I believe we are sitting in one of the 4 playoff spots... and if we arent we definitely can still make it

46 minutes ago, KingBowser said:

Can some show me the math on if lions are in the playoffs, want to shit talk fire so bad.

I think I did most of it but it may get confusing at some points so bear with me

I don't think Legend vs Forfi has happened yet so I calculated the points of each of the teams by the end of this week for 3 different possible combinations

Also I'm not the best when it comes to PSL Playoffs but im pretty sure its according the number of points (wins) each team has and if there is a tie within points than I have no idea what happens

If Forfiter wins

Spoiler

1st - The Road Ninjas with 37 points

2nd - The Hellacious Houndoms with 27 points

3rd - Team Mountain with 25 points

4th - The Heroes of Light with 23 points

5th - The Raging Lions with 21 points

5th - Gluumac's Gladiators with 21 points

5th - The Dark Brotherhood with 21 points

8th - Unexpected Flying Octillery with 14 points

If this happens than the 4th place seed is mostly dependent on the outcome between Gladiators v Mountain and Heroes v UFO. If both Mountain and Heroes lose than both 3rd place and 4th place will be up for grabs by the remaining teams lions and brotherhood but depends on the victor between those two teams and how close it is.

If Legendl wins

Spoiler

4th - The Heroes of Light with 22 points

4th - The Dark Brotherhood with 22 points

6th - The Raging Lions with 21 points

6th - Gluumac's Gladiators with 21 points

If this happens than it is still dependent on Gladiators v Mountain and Heroes v UFO, but the only way Lions will make it to the playoffs is if TDB, Heroes, and Mountain all lose which (lets be honest) is highly unlikely. So the odds of lions making it to the playoffs are very small in this situation, but its mostly up to which team can get more wins against there opponent The Heroes of Light or The Dark Brotherhood.

If an activity is called with no victor

Spoiler

4th - The Heroes of Light with 22 points

5th - The Raging Lions with 21 points

5th - Gluumac's Gladiators with 21 points

5th - The Dark Brotherhood with 21 points

Mostly the same situation as if Forfiter won, although it is a little easier for the 5th place teams to pull ahead of the Heroes and grab 4th place.

14 minutes ago, Spaintakula said:

+3 from this week = 21?

Yes, but according to the standings, Lions are 3rd placed with 18 pts while Team Mountain and Heroes Of Light are lower in rank with respect to Lions despite having 20 points (excluding this week)

3 minutes ago, Kanzo said:

Jice u nerd.

1 win is 3 points

tie is 1 points.

we are at 18 points not 373733777 points. 

Lions have 9 points. With a tie next week they are in play offs. 

Yeah but according to the challonge bracket, points = no. of wins a team has in a week, like if a team ends up losing 4-5, they still get 4 points while the other gets 5. So the question is whether play offs are decided upon total no. of individual wins or who won the week overall. 

Basically, it's not like how we have it in football :)

Edited by NikhilR
Just now, NikhilR said:

Yeah but according to the challonge bracket, points = no. of wins a team has in a week, like if a team ends up losing 4-5, they still get 4 points while the other gets 5. So the question is whether play offs are decided upon total no. of individual wins or who won the week overall. 

the way challonge appears to work, is wins > ties > losses.

ie if a team has 1 win, and 6 losses, they will be above the team with 0 wins and 7 ties.

If one team has 2 wins, 5 ties and 10 individualwins, and another has 2wins, 4 ties and 30 individalwins, the first would be above cause they have one loss less.

in old psl, the 0-0-7 team would be above the 1-6-0 since they have 7 points for 7 ties as opposed to 3 for 1 win.

5d4882a1bb988bc6049e5e5604d89914.png

My understanding is that "Match W-L-T" is the first thing to look at, then we look at "TB", then "Set Wins" and the last thing we look at is "Pts", the number of individual wins. 

With that being said, Team Mountain should go automatically to playoffs even if they lose to Glumac's Gladiators. The other teams that have a shot at playoffs are The Raging Lions, The Dark Brotherhood and The Heroes of Light.

The only way for The Dark Bortherhood to make it to playoffs is by winning against The Raging Lions and The Heroes of Light. By doing so, Mountain would stay ahead of The Raging Lions and The Heroes of Light.

The best case scenario for The Heroes of Light is ending up with 3 wins - 3 loses - 1 tie. The worst case scenario for Team Mountain is ending up with 3 wins - 3 loses - 1tie. Since Team Mountain won against The Heroes of Light, Team Mountain would still be ahead of The Heroes of Light. Even if The Heroes of Light end up with 3 wins - 3 loses - 1 tie, they still have to hope The Raging Lions lose. If The Raging Lions end up with 3 wins - 3 loses - 1 tie (against TDB), The Raging Lions are still ahead of The Heroes of Light because they won against them.

If The Heroes of Light, The Raging Lions and Team Mountain, all end up with 3 wins - 3 loses - 1 tie, Team Mountain will be ahead of both these teams.

Overall, if the Raging Lions get a tie or a win next week, they go to playoffs and eliminatie The Dark Brotherhood/The Heroes of Light from the competition.

Edit: If 4f wins, TDB are eliminated. If LegendL wins, The Heroes of Light are eliminated.

Edited by lamerb