Team Tournament January 2017 (Saturday 28th January)

Noad

1 hour ago, Viking said:

doubles is way more interresting than NU lol

Even though I believe a lot of people would disagree with you, I don't think the level of subjective interest in a tier should matter since imo the team tournament should be a competition before being a spectacle. For instance, I think watching a Tranz vs Lilyek duel would be quite entertaining, but I would still hate to see that as a tournament final. Just a joke @Tranz&Lilyek.

The team tournament should reflect where the competition is. OU is the tier with the most competition and therefore be in every TT. UU and NU are tiers with a decent amount of competition. Doubles and LC are the tiers with the least amount of competition. If LC gets included eventually in the TT rotation, we should probably make sure we never end up with OU/Doubles/LC since it would severely diminish the importance many players and teams give to team tournaments. 

In a 3 tiers TT, I would personally expect to see OU all the time, UU 66% of the time, NU 66% of the time, Doubles 33% of the time and LC 33% of the time. The possible combinations would look like this:

OU/UU/NU

OU/UU/Doubles

OU/NU/LC

OU/UU/NU

OU/UU/LC

OU/NU/Doubles

Edited by gbwead

This is why we are looking into the possibility of a 5 tier Team Tournament. However the consensus is that it shouldn't be run every month, for this I agree. I think it opens a lot of doors for teams to really showcase their player's skills. I think it could be an annual thing or twice a year to keep it special. OU OU UU NU & Doubles seemed to be the most favoured set up in discussion. However we would be totally open to making it OU UU NU Doubles and LC but only if there is a majority of players requesting it. I may broach the subject of making a poll for users to vote about what they want nearer the time. 

25 minutes ago, Noad said:

This is why we are looking into the possibility of a 5 tier Team Tournament. However the consensus is that it shouldn't be run every month, for this I agree. I think it opens a lot of doors for teams to really showcase their player's skills. I think it could be an annual thing or twice a year to keep it special. OU OU UU NU & Doubles seemed to be the most favoured set up in discussion. However we would be totally open to making it OU UU NU Doubles and LC but only if there is a majority of players requesting it. I may broach the subject of making a poll for users to vote about what they want nearer the time. 

what about making traditional 3v3 rotated tier TT but with 5v5 finals (and semifinals maybe) with OU/OU/UU/NU/Doubles? It wont require much more efforts and time and wont be a problem for teams... I think that could be a very simple way to include more tiers in all TTs

December 2016 TT:  OU/UU/NU

November 2016 TT:  OU/UU/Doubles

October 2016 TT:      OU/UU/NU

September 2016 TT: OU/UU/NU

August 2016 TT:        OU/UU/Doubles

The last time we had OU/NU/Doubles in TT was back in July. If we have Doubles in TT this month, shouldn't it be instead of UU and not NU?

Edited by gbwead

Based on what is UU every single month?

Shouldn't it be like this

OU/UU/NU

OU/UU/Doubles

OU/NU/Doubles

OU/UU/NU

OU/UU/Doubles

OU/NU/Doubles

etc

Gonna quote ^ every day until I get a proper reason from a staff member why UU is literally every month in TT.

Edited by Mnemosyne
On 1/2/2017 at 11:03 AM, gbwead said:

Prior to the Hoeen update, Doubles was not a TT tier if I am not mistaken. Doubles was included only because there was no UU/NU in January 2015. I always thought Doubles would be removed from the TT rotation once UU and NU are stable which is the case for quite some time now. If Doubles stays in the TT rotation, I hope LC will be included as well eventually, as long as both LC and Doubles can never be in the same rotation.

God you're annoying. Doubles has been a part of the TT since October 2013. 

1 hour ago, DoubleJ said:

God you're annoying. Doubles has been a part of the TT since October 2013. 

I have seen you make that statement several times lately and it seems to be tainted with misleading bad faith. I wasn't playing back then, so I went through the competitive archive to see if your statement was true. It turns out Doubles was absolutely not part of TT since 2013 since there wasn't a single TT in 2014 with Doubles. Is it possible by any chance that, when Doubles was part of TT in 2013, the NU tier was not even created? Anyhow, it seems the only reason Doubles was included in TT in 2015 was because of there was no UU/NU. Doubles was included in TT because there was no other option. Today, we do have options, so there is no need to keep a tier that hardly anyone plays or wants to play. Forcing teams to invest their ressources in a tier that they don't want to play is quite unfair when there are better options available with a way bigger competitive scene. If Doubles stays in TT, the only thing I am asking is for decent representation of where the competitive scene of PokeMMO is. Less Doubles players should mean less Doubles in TT.

December 2014 TT: https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/48789-team-tournament-december-27/#comment-952248 --> OU/UU/NU

November 2014 TT: https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/48321-team-tournament-november-30/#comment-940497 --> OU/UU/NU

October 2014 TT: https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/47437-october-team-tournament-25th-october/#comment-919966 --> OU/UU/NU

September 2014 TT: https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/46652-team-tournament-september-27th/#comment-901367 --> OU/UU/NU

August 2014 TT: https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/45788-team-tournament-30-august/#comment-880441 --> OU/UU/NU

July 2014 TT: https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/44407-team-tournament-july-sunday-27/#comment-849590 --> OU/UU/NU

June 2014 TT: https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/43560-team-tournament-saturday-june-28/#comment-825442 --> OU/UU/NU

May 2014 TT: https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/42764-team-tournament-saturday-may-31/#comment-801209 --> OU/UU/NU

April 2014 TT: https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/41606-team-tournament-april-26/#comment-765020 --> OU/UU/NU

March 2014 TT: https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/40322-team-tournament-march-22/#comment-730664 --> OU/UU/NU

February 2014 TT: https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/38501-team-tournament-february-22/#comment-688890 -->OU/NU/UU  

January 2014 TT: ?

December 2013 TT: https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/36456-team-tournament-december-edition/#comment-628391 --> OU/NU/UU

November 2013 TT: https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/34739-team-tournament-november-edition/#comment-575337 -->OU/Doubles/UU

Edited by gbwead
10 minutes ago, gbwead said:

Forcing teams to invest their ressources in a tier that they don't want to play is quite unfair

Our team does want doubles to be a thing in TT, it's interesting and in my opinion it requires skill. I won't argue further about the legitimacy of doubles but that is my opinion.

I'm sure other teams like LYLE or Aw enjoy doubles. If you had created a poll in which leaders of each team voted on whether they wanted doubles in and they all voted no, I wouldn't mind you making that point. However, you didn't. Feel free to do so though, I'd like to see the results.

@gbwead

I'm glad you went to the archive this time. Turns out doubles weren't used in the tt during 2014 because it was incredibly bugged and the devs were incredibly lazy.

We as players asked for it to be removed.

Since it was fixed and reintroduced in 2015, it has regularly been a part of the tt, alternating with uu and nu. 

#biasedtcmember

Edited by DoubleJ
1 hour ago, gbwead said:

Forcing teams to invest their ressources in a tier that they don't want to play is quite unfair when there are better options available with a way bigger competitive scene. If Doubles stays in TT, the only thing I am asking is for decent representation of where the competitive scene of PokeMMO is. Less Doubles players should mean less Doubles in TT.

There are plenty of doubles players though, the last three doubles officials all filled up and yet you are pushing for the shit fest that is little cup and im not sure if a lc bracket has ever filled. The last 3 little league cups didn't fill and you are trying to pretend lc has as much competition as doubles?? pls go

8 minutes ago, DaftCoolio said:

There are plenty of doubles players though, the last three doubles officials all filled up and yet you are pushing for the shit fest that is little cup and im not sure if a lc bracket has ever filled. The last 3 little league cups didn't fill and you are trying to pretend lc has as much competition as doubles?? pls go

The fact that a Doubles bracket fills hardly means anything imo since there are no entry restriction. There is no ban in Doubles which mean all OU players, the largest competitive scene are free to play Doubles with their OU pokemons. This is not the case for UU or NU. I don't recall saying there is as much competition in LC and Doubles. I said these tiers have the least competition. 

Edited by gbwead
19 minutes ago, gbwead said:

I just don't get why. I have always tried to be respectful, but you just go personal every chance you get. I was talking about Doubles in TT and you started taunting. If you disagree with what I say, just say so. There is no point in making this personnal. 

Where was the post you made belittling my character durng psl 6? Such respect. And besides, if you haven't noticed I really don't care whether things get 'personal'. It's better than hearing you uguu about Doubles and talking shit about a tier a lot of people enjoy playing. 

5 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

Where was the post you made belittling my character durng psl 6? Such respect. And besides, if you haven't noticed I really don't care whether things get 'personal'. It's better than hearing you uguu about Doubles and talking shit about a tier a lot of people enjoy playing. 

Well if you taunt me constantly even though I am always respectful, it goes without saying that I will speak my mind at some point about your character. If you taunt people, it is because you want a reaction, so there is no need to be an hypocrite and act all surprise when I do say what I think about you. Once again, I think it is preferable to stay on topic instead of trying to derail these discussions with personal attacks, even though it seems to be your go-to strategy. 

Edited by gbwead
4 minutes ago, gbwead said:

The fact that a Doubles bracket fills hardly means anything imo since we are no entry restriction. There is no ban in Doubles which mean all OU players, the largest competitive scene are free to play Doubles with their OU pokemons. This is not the case for UU or NU. I don't recall saying there is as much competition in LC and Doubles. I said these tiers have the least competition. 

Well no, it means there are doubles players and people who want to play doubles, otherwise they wouldn't enter. Like I have a UU team, but I don't play in OU tournys even though I could because I don't want to. 

Let's be real, if not for a massive overreaction, hate and agression from lord triggerton my post wouldn't even appear. I totally share gb's point of view- Doubles were introduced to TT only because we did not have other tiers beforehand. Same was the situation in 2013, doubles appeared during TT because NU and UU did not exist back in those days. As soon as those 2 tiers appeared, Doubles disappeared from from TT map, just like they should right now as well. Maybe the tier has the bugs fixed, but it's still the least competitive tier available in Pokemmo, much more luck rather than skill based. It's not like OU where you only occasionally get a flinch or you miss atk. Muddy water accuracy drops, rockslide spam for flinches... It's literally RNG hunting tier, where the better person rarely wins.

32 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

It's better than hearing you uguu about Doubles and talking shit about a tier a lot of people enjoy playing. 

I enjoy playing Randoms and Metronome cup, which does not mean the tiers are fair and that always the best player wins in them

Edited by Ronax
2 minutes ago, DaftCoolio said:

Well no, it means there are doubles players and people who want to play doubles, otherwise they wouldn't enter. Like I have a UU team, but I don't play in OU tournys even though I could because I don't want to. 

This may be true for old players like us. We play when we want because we can. New players - or randoms - that represent the majority of any tournament can't play UU with an OU team. However, they can play Doubles with an OU team.

Edited by gbwead
1 minute ago, RysPicz said:

Let's be real, if not for a massive overreaction, hate and agression from lord triggerton my post wouldn't even appear. I totally share gb's point of view- Doubles were introduced to TT only because we did not have other tiers beforehand. Same was the situation in 2013, doubles appeared during TT because NU and UU did not exist back in those days. As soon as those 2 tiers appeared, Doubles disappeared from from TT map, just like they should right now as well. Maybe the tier has the bugs fixed, but it's still the least competitive tier available in Pokemmo, much more luck rather than skill based. It's not like OU where you only occasionally get a flinch or you miss atk. Muddy water accuracy drops, rockslide spam for flinches... It's literally RNG hunting tier, where the better person rarely wins.

I enjoy playing Randoms and Metronome cup, which does not mean the tiers are fair and that always the best player wins in them

a-are you comparing doubles to metronome? my god help this man

1 minute ago, gbwead said:

This may be true for old players like us. We play when we want, but we can. New players - or randoms - that represent the majority of any tournament can't play UU with an OU team. However, they can play Doubles with an OU team.

Except they can play OU with a UU team.

sorry for double post

Edited by DaftCoolio