[PSL 7] HYPE Thread

2 minutes ago, Parke said:

Well I mean, managers had their chance to vote yesterday. Either way, theres enough signups for VGC to get someone playing it in every team. But dont ask for community input on something if you're gona completely fucking overlook what they want. It's fine though, I guess we can hope for a host who doesnt dislike the tier next season :) 

Dude seriously, I don't know why you're coming at me. For fucks sake you were praising me just a few days ago. Just like with VGC last season, there is poor player turnout for the tier. It just isn't that popular in the PSL. The managers are the ones drafting. The managers are the ones putting their draft at stake here. Honor their request just like I have and quit coming at me like it's my fault. Yes I don't like VGC, but no, I didn't do this. If I wanted to go against the community wishes we'd be playing PokeBank without anyone's input. 

So again, fuck off. 

Edited by DoubleJ
Just now, EricTheGreat said:

But yes the managers asked for this, this has nothing to do with JJ. there is a poll going on in the thread on which the managers would prefer. In my opinion, I see about 6 adamant VGC players but many more pokebank players who more relaxed. 

18 people signed up for VGC. Sure some may be better than others. Guess what, it's gona be like that on Pokebank OU too. 

Okay so. VGC won the Poll by a long shot. Even regardless of the alt votes and shit. Which after being changed gave more votes to Bank OU, and it still won. 18 people signed up for VGC without it even being announced, not to mention the fact it was within less than 24 hours because you didnt even give it that long for people to change their signup posts. Sure I understand managers are concerned about VGC signups, point is they're gona have enough to get a player for their team, and of course some players will be better than others there (Keith, Forfi, Bluebreath) and whoever else. But it's gona be like that in Pokebank OU too. Not to mention the fact Pokebank OU is a unfinished tier which when Pokebank is actually added that tier could change a hell of a lot whereas VGC isnt going to at all. In my eyes it's really a no brainer, but I guess go with the manager poll why not. Not attacking you as a host, you were/are doing a good job, I just feel like it's stupid to change your decision after setting it less than 24hours prior. Signups opened on wednesday and like I said, in less than 24 hours 18 people have signed up for VGC which is more than half of what signed up for Pokebank OU, which has been an option for 4 days going on today/tomorrow. Give shit time to settle down and people to sign up for VGC. I'd be sure to say there's more people to sign up to VGC. 

3 minutes ago, Parke said:

Not attacking you as a host, you were/are doing a good job, 

Asking for a new host is a pretty damn good attack imo. uguuing here isn't going to do you any good. You have to convince the managers that they can work with VGC. The concern here is that there are three legit VGC players; just three. The other managers who don't get these players are going to be at a severe disadvantage throughout the entire season. PokeBank on the other hand is wide open and right now we don't know who is going to rise up. 

They asked for a vote and just like last season I gave it to them. Respect their decision and calm down. It could still easily go VGC. 

Edited by DoubleJ
10 minutes ago, XPLOZ said:

On 8 titular players in VGC, we would have at least 3 experienced and dedicated players : Keith, Bluebreath and Forfiter. Pokebank OU will be of bunch a guys learning the tier. Add to this that the tier is very unstable. It will be a coinflip more than anything else imo.

SM OU really isn't unstable. It's exactly as new as VGC so I don't see why it would be any less stable, even if there was recently a ban (the entire lengthy suspect test was without Genesect on the ladder so people are certainly used to life without it by now). 

I would have been fine with either tier as I personally love to spectate VGC but SM OU isn't some wild west where anything goes. It's very competitive right now and learning the tier isn't difficult either 

Just now, DoubleJ said:

Asking for a new host is a pretty damn good attack imo. uguuing here isn't going to do you any good. You have to convince the managers that they can work with VGC. The concern here is that there are three legit VGC players; just three. The other managers who don't get these players are going to be at a severe disadvantage throughout the entire season. PokeBank on the other hand is wide open and right now we don't know who is going to rise up. 

They asked for a vote and just like last season I gave it to them. Respect their decision and calm down. It could still easily go VGC. 

I mean yeah, that was abit much. I guess I apologise about that I guess. I just said my peace to try convince I guess.

2 minutes ago, Gunthug said:

SM OU really isn't unstable. It's exactly as new as VGC so I don't see why it would be any less stable, even if there was recently a ban (the entire lengthy suspect test was without Genesect on the ladder so people are certainly used to life without it by now). 

You dont think the tier will change alot when they implement it to the handheld devices and it's officially available and played alot? I think it will, will be fun to see though. 

I like both tiers, but I feel like in it's current state VGC would be the better option. I guess it's in the managers hands now though

2 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

The concern here is that there are three legit VGC players; just three.

What defines a legit player? You never know how good somebody could be, heck in season 4 for I went for 9k and went undefeated in the regular season. I'm sure many players could learn VGC anyway, there are many resources online and competitive battlers showing off their teams and mindsets. Regardless of the tier there will be good players and bad players, its not like if you draft one of the three more competent VGC players they will always win.

Just now, xXBlu3BreathXx said:

What defines a legit player? You never know how good somebody could be, heck in season 4 for I went for 9k and went undefeated in the regular season. I'm sure many players could learn VGC anyway, there are many resources online and competitive battlers showing off their teams and mindsets. Regardless of the tier there will be good players and bad players, its not like if you draft one of the three more competent VGC players they will always win.

Again, this is the manager's decision to request a vote. I have no say in the matter. 

1 minute ago, xXBlu3BreathXx said:

That is fair enough, but why has this been given light after VGC won the poll?

Because I respect my managers and hope to make this season as enjoyable as possible for them. I work very closely with each of them and many difficult decisions are decisions made by them. 

32 minutes ago, EricTheGreat said:

But yes the managers asked for this, this has nothing to do with JJ. there is a poll going on in the thread on which the managers would prefer. In my opinion, I see about 6 adamant VGC players but many more pokebank players who more relaxed. 

There are more pokebank players but I definitely wouldn't call most of them 'adamant' players either. The way I see it is in the past we have really only had enough showdown players to make one solid tier with the second one looking weak as fuck, pokebank OU seems to feed into that just like in previous seasons. I don't think VGC has a weaker representation at all and the fact that a lot of the VGC players are usually well established players in other tiers it opens up those tiers for some new faces to shine which could end up being beneficial for other tiers as well. The fact that we may be getting less mediocre showdown players making the better ones really stand out in DPP doesn't seem like a bad thing to me

9 hours ago, xXBlu3BreathXx said:

That is fair enough, but why has this been given light after VGC won the poll?

As JJ said, some managers are worried about the signups, since people have less than 24 to register and VGC doesnt have as many players as other tiers (The skill gap might be too big). Lets make something clear, the host/managers or whoever is making PSL has the last word. 

I myself would love to have vgc, but wouldnt be properly ethical if I just start complaining about the decision of changing it for pokebank. I'm a player, and such, I have to follow the rules and decisions hosts give to us.

So please, stop the hate, and lets wait to see how this ends.

Edited by Zigh
Just now, Zigh said:

As JJ said, some managers are worried about the signups, since people have less than 24 to register and VGC doesnt have as many players as other tiers (The skill gap might be too big). Lets settle down something, the host/managers or whoever is making PSL has the last word. 

I myself would love to have vgc, but wouldnt be properly ethical if I just start complaining about the decision of changing it for pokebank. I'm a player, and such, I have to follow the rules and decitions hosts give to us.

So please, stop the hate, and lets wait to see how this ends.

Respect. 

Just now, Rendiz said:

There are more pokebank players but I definitely wouldn't call most of them 'adamant' players either. The way I see it is in the past we have really only had enough showdown players to make one solid tier with the second one looking weak as fuck, pokebank OU seems to feed into that just like in previous seasons. I don't think VGC has a weaker representation at all and the fact that a lot of the VGC players are usually well established players in other tiers it opens up those tiers for some new faces to shine which could end up being beneficial for other tiers as well. The fact that we may be getting less mediocre showdown players making the better ones really stand out in DPP doesn't seem like a bad thing to me

I agree yeah, JJ has a fair point in saying "there's only 3 legit VGC players here" that's true. But the fact of the matter is, if you played VGC16 and then now play VGC17 even a little you can tell even the metagame as a whole is completely different this time around, so even the "good" VGC players are still adapting to the tier. I think it'd be interesting for sure. Either way, this season's planning out to be the best one yet and that's cool to see.

1 minute ago, notmudkip0 said:

Would it help the managers decide on a tier if we held tournaments for Pokebank and VGC? It would help sort how many less serious players there are in each of those tiers, which appears to be a concern. Also helps the managers see the best players in said tiers as well.

Just an idea.

That would be quite cool, however considering Auction is Sunday we dont really have the time. I like the idea though