[PSL 7] HYPE Thread

2 hours ago, Gunthug said:

He actually said "there's no point in having two singles showdown tiers" which is a baseless statement with nothing to back it up. Hence why I said he pulled it out of his ass

If you looked back you'd see I said "I think" therefore meaning its my opinion. Im done here, literally aint worth the time. I'd have at least thought or hoped someone as smart as you would have the common sense to read what I said and see what i said is my opinion. I guess not.

19 minutes ago, Parke said:

If you looked back you'd see I said "I think" therefore meaning its my opinion. Im done here, literally aint worth the time. I'd have at least thought or hoped someone as smart as you would have the common sense to read what I said and see what i said is my opinion. I guess not.

I don't care if it's your opinion or not. Opinions can be wrong 

VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! VGC! 

With the player signups coming to a close and the Live Auction date being worked out, I guess it's time for me to submit my first ever 'Power Rankings'! The list below is my evaluation of the Top 16 players on our current player sign up sheet based on versatility, prior PSL record, official tournament finishes over 2016, and subjective strength of play. So with that, here's my list!

1. Frags
  2. Yubellllllllllll
  3. Lkrenz
  4. Walpayer
  5. NikhilR
  6. SweeTforU
  7. Raaidn
  8. BlackJovi
  9. yangsam
  10. Burntzebra
  11. DoubleJ
  12. DoctorPBJ
  13. Schuchty
  14. OrangeManiac
  15. Gunthug
  16. Artemiseta
Spoiler

Frags, despite not finishing with the record he should by the end of each PSL season, still finishes on top of my list simply because he has proven to be a dominant force in every tier he plays. He has the most official wins of any player and has the record for the most seasonal tournament wins as well. He is just too good to pass up. Yub Yub is a close 2nd having really proven himself in 2016 finishing just behind Frags in the Overall Player standings presented by Gbwead. In past PSL seasons he has proven to be an absolute force and he'd be a huge pick-up for anyone. Over the last PSL, Lkrenz proved that he was the best doubles player that season and he has also shown that he has the capability in other tiers after browsing officials. Don't pass him up. Walpayer is one of the most consistent OU players you will ever encounter and a monster in the matchmaking system, currently sitting number one on his main and climbing into the Top 16 on his alt. Behind Frags, NikhilR might pack the most versatility of any player on this list and is an easy, and lucky, pick up at the 5th spot. He self-trained himself in DPP and is now one of the better players in that tier for PSL. SweeTforU is arguably the best DPP player we have and isn't too shabby in several other tiers. Versatility, wins, and good sportsmanship lift this guy highly on this list. Raaidn, despite having a piss poor record in past seasons, has proven he is one of the best and is a sure fire win if you can motivate him to play. Consider Raaidn a wild card depending on his manager. A forum ban can't stand in this man's way, BlackJovi has the charisma, creativity, and willingness to go out and get wins week in and week out. Don't sleep on him. Yangsam is a similar player who despite not winning many officials, seems to still step up and get wins when it comes to the PSL. His pride just won't let him lose. Burntzebra was a difficult player to rank, but sitting at the 10th spot just feels right. He's a master of stall and can also fill in for DPP as he's proven to have a bit of know how in those tiers as well. DoubleJ had his worst PSL season of his life in season six, but that hasn't stopped him from reaching the Top 10 on Gbwead's Overall Rankings list despite being largely disconnected from the competitive scene. An early second round pick up could be just what the doctor ordered for this PokeMMO maestro. And speaking of doctors, DoctorPBJ sits in at number 12 with all the double skills known to man and a recent doubles official win as well. He also wants to venture into VGC, so expect him to go in the Top 16. Schuchty, like the Baenines, went undefeated in the regular season in a very strong OU1 tier. He'll easily go in the Top 16. OrangeManiac has had somewhat of a resurgence lately, posting deep tournament runs in every official and unofficial he plays in. Being one of the few players to register for every tier, expect Orange to be a hot commodity this season. When you think of DPP, it's hard to not think of Gunthug. The man has been a consistent monster each and every season. And rounding out the Top 16 is Artemiseta, another player who is as diverse as a swiss army knife. He's a talented doubles player and has the comps to fill in anywhere else. He'll be a draft pick in my book.