[PSL 7] HYPE Thread

6 hours ago, Frag said:

I'd say bo3 only if the duel lasts less than ~35~ min, short duration duels are fine, nobody wants to play or prepare for two consecutive long duels

I agree, also the reason for bo3 in VGC is to... Yeah to balance out rng, but also to scout opponent's team and choose a better set of 4 pokes against it next match. We can't accomplish a bo3 in MMO as people can easily change the move slots they haven't revealed, which in showdown we can just start up 3 games at the same time and play them in order to prevent scouting and change of moves/spreads. This can be also accomplished by giving all the team details to a referee so that move changing isn't possible, although spreads can still be changed easily, and in MMO it's a 6v6 and relatively longer battle, therefore less in need for a bo3.

1 minute ago, gbwead said:

I guess I'm going to have to pay more than 10k for a doubles player ...

just lend me a clamperl and you have 2k doubles

e: yea or aimi, literally has my clamperl

Edited by Eggplant
1 hour ago, Eggplant said:

Trade Announcement:

• Torinnnnn receives the 9th pick
  • EricTheGreat receives 28k in credits

does anyone aside frags (and maybe toast) even go for this much?

Well gotta keep in mind that managers will have 100k to spend and the top 16 players won't be around, plus they'll only need 8 players at that point. Throw what you thought you knew about the auction out the window

1 hour ago, NikhilR said:

I don't know if not being able to switch is a good thing since it sort of ruins the surprise factor. 

7 minutes ago, Artemiseta said:

ugh. that dubs thing is gross at least not switching teams.

We're discussing that now. Might allow switching teams for hype reasons. 

please do. that rule without switching means everyone will have to run standard safe stuff. cause once surprise mon is revealed then its is much Delete repeated word easier to deal with and going into the next match you know he has this move on this need to be careful

apparently page king

Edited by Artemiseta