[PSL 7] HYPE Thread

8 minutes ago, Zigh said:

So please, stop the hate, and lets wait to see how this ends.

Yeah I will just completely ignore the reasoning for a second poll without a satisfactory reason. The managers should have spoken up during the poll if they really disliked the idea of VGC, that poll has no merit now because apparently community input means nothing. This is why i'm annoyed, there should not have been a poll if it was disregarded, to falsify it after a side clearly won just adds to my confusion.

1 hour ago, Parke said:

I agree yeah, JJ has a fair point in saying "there's only 3 legit VGC players here" that's true. But the fact of the matter is, if you played VGC16 and then now play VGC17 even a little you can tell even the metagame as a whole is completely different this time around, so even the "good" VGC players are still adapting to the tier. I think it'd be interesting for sure. Either way, this season's planning out to be the best one yet and that's cool to see.

If you played VGC16 and now play VGC17, you still know a bunch of previous strats and ideas that you can' expand and use even more effectively thanks to the new additions.

If you played ORAS OU, and now play SM OU, it's the same. It's 7 generations of history, you can't just say people can adapt to VGC just as easy as SM OU mostly because VGC is a more "strategy-based" tier, and adapting to it requires a lot more than just playing randoms on showdown, something that works with SM OU much more easily.

to spread some light on this "its a hard tier to learn thing" Its really not. Speaking from experience in psl3 when a bunch of people left the spheals coolio had me play vgc, I never even heard of vgc so I watched one video on youtube and after that I was one battle away from getting the best win rate in the tier. And im not even a good comp player. So i do think just about anyone can learn the tier and tbh its in my top 2 favorite tiers, so its not likes its a boring and not fun tier because the tier is super fun and the bo3 format just makes it better. (just my opinion though)

Edited by Telf
1 minute ago, Rigamorty said:

Petition to make MMO Doubles bo3 as well before the season starts and we get hit with the "its too late to change now"

Ehhh not sure if we're ready for that. Doubles is finally starting to get good. You'll be surprised with the lineup week in and week out I think. 

Just now, DoubleJ said:

Ehhh not sure if we're ready for that. Doubles is finally starting to get good. You'll be surprised with the lineup week in and week out I think. 

I don't think doubles is bad or anything, I just think any doubles related thing should be best of 3 because they tend to go faster than singles so no harm done usually, and doubles usually has a lot of room for bullshit rng that often makes you wish best of 3 was a thing.

5 minutes ago, DoubleJ said:

Meaning this is this time to convince me if you feel strongly about it =)

I'd suggest a poll but we all saw how those work out :^) 

I really don't feel strongly enough about it given I didn't even sign up for doubles. but yeah, i'd say doubles has more rng involved considering how big things like rock slide and protect are to the tier. not to mention shit like muddy water, the fact that sleep clause doesn't exist and 1-3 turns can make a world of difference etc etc.

Change my primary tier to VGC. Played like an hour or so on showdown so I'm pretty much a master. Everyone knows I'm shit at doubles anyway so it isn't that much of a risk for whatever manager is dumb enough to buy me in the first place. To the managers: If you truly love me you won't force me to play doubles, it's a shitty garbage gimmick tier anyway amirite gb?

1 minute ago, Rendiz said:

Change my primary tier to VGC. Played like an hour or so on showdown so I'm pretty much a master. Everyone knows I'm shit at doubles anyway so it isn't that much of a risk for whatever manager is dumb enough to buy me in the first place. To the managers: If you truly love me you won't force me to play doubles, it's a shitty garbage gimmick tier anyway amirite gb?

fuck outta here scrub