Players can’t have duplicate legendaries. 1 of each.

SHINYxPoe

Question

I just found out that there are people with multiple Raikous and Moltres and so on. That’s just crazy. Lol. Each trainer should only be able to own 1 of each legendary dog/bird … so all 6 but only 1 time. No duplicates.

That will help with the “legendary sink” problem. Those that already have multiple should be given the GTL minimum and the mon washed from their boxes.

Edited by SHINYxPoe
Typos

24 answers to this question

Someone is clueless about the game, I see 🙂 
Multiple legendaries are required for PVP purposes, and your suggestion would not help legendaries sink in any way since there would just be even more on the market that nobody could buy. Actually people would not be able to catch legendaries either so no shiny hunting for them possible at all.

Posted (edited)

“Someone’s clueless about the game i see” 

Instruct without Insult is a high class thing i see.

People need 3 or 4 Raikou for PvP purposes? Make it make sense. People that don’t have said legendary could buy it, and when they encounter one and catch it - be given the option to release the non OT purchased one. @TohnR

Edited by SHINYxPoe
Typos
2 minutes ago, SHINYxPoe said:

People need 3 or 4 Raikou for PvP purposes?

Could be even more, yes. That's why Raikou sell on the market and does not need a sink, unlike Articuno which nobody want and have a price massive decrease over time.
And I'm not insulting you, I'm stating the obvious 🙂 

Edited by TohnR
4 hours ago, SHINYxPoe said:

“Clueless about the game“

is an insult bud, don’t backpedal when called out. Its extreme and insinuates that the other person is dumb in all areas. Straighten up. It’s a suggestion box.

Wouldn't say it's an insult, more like stating the obvious following the statement made in the OP. Some people don't have the time or dedication to go and catch + breed a legendary every time they need a competitive pokemon. So the suggestion stated just makes no sense and wouldn't fix the so called problem. 

6 hours ago, SHINYxPoe said:

I just found out that there are people with multiple Raikous and Moltres and so on. That’s just crazy. Lol. Each trainer should only be able to own 1 of each legendary dog/bird … so all 6 but only 1 time. No duplicates.

That will help with the “legendary sink” problem. Those that already have multiple should be given the GTL minimum and the mon washed from their boxes.

From my point of view, having more than one legendary makes for more fun game play/room for experimentation which is why i disagree with your idea. I understand why you would want 1 legendary dog/birb per person sure it creates a nice little dimension to legends but the price for that aspect is too high.

About the "legendary sink problem" to me this doesn't seem like a player problem at all. Not having a legendary poke sink hasn't suddenly made pvp or pve worse. It just made the legends affordable to all players. The "legendary sink problem" just sounds like a "problem" made up by bunch of players who got pissed they cant sell their legends for a high price. If you have too many of them just release them like any other poke lol or just stop hunting them xD

Every month, there's a chance of a legendary Shiny. Sometimes you are tempted to single-hunt, and maybe you are lucky to get one.

There's no sense in making it a limited encounter;  people would create new accounts to try again and again.

That would be annoying and only those who likes creating more accounts could go for legendary hunts.

accesable for all same chance for all every month 👍

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, LeJovi said:

Wouldn't say it's an insult, more like stating the obvious following the statement made in the OP. Some people don't have the time or dedication to go and catch + breed a legendary every time they need a competitive pokemon. So the suggestion stated just makes no sense and wouldn't fix the so called problem. 

Calling someone clueless in a SUGGESTION BOARD is actually a bit clueless. It doesn’t add value to the post. Instruct without insult. It’s a life skill.

Legendaries are LEGENDARY. Meaning scarce and very rare. If you don’t have the time you don’t deserve one. Period. Even the story tells you that there are only 3 legendary dogs - it makes since that a player should only have access to just the 3, not 9 dogs 😂 (birds alike). Multiple legendaries IN MY OPINION is crazy - from the viewpoint of a fan of the actual storyline and series.

Edited by SHINYxPoe
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Darkoure said:

Every month, there's a chance of a legendary Shiny. Sometimes you are tempted to single-hunt, and maybe you are lucky to get one.

There's no sense in making it a limited encounter;  people would create new accounts to try again and again.

That would be annoying and only those who likes creating more accounts could go for legendary hunts.

accesable for all same chance for all every month 👍

The post states that you can release the Mon you have for the new one that you encounter. You can still hunt for the shiny or for 1 with better IVs - but having a box full of legendaries just seems a bit extra (my personal opinion) It would follow more closely the way the actual game/series is to have 1 of each Dog and 1 of each Bird. Thats still owning 6 legendaries. 

Edited by SHINYxPoe
Typo
10 hours ago, TohnR said:

Someone is clueless about the game, I see 🙂 
Multiple legendaries are required for PVP purposes, and your suggestion would not help legendaries sink in any way since there would just be even more on the market that nobody could buy. Actually people would not be able to catch legendaries either so no shiny hunting for them possible at all.

A “sink” is needed when people have a surplus of items they are not using. Eliminating the ability to obtain a surplus eliminates the need for a sink. Simple.

SN:

In the series there are 3 legendary dogs. Not a pack of the species. Same as with the birds. Thats why there are legendary. Also in every game you could only have 1 of each. So my suggestion is just that of a fan who prefers the way things actually are. 6 legendaries. 1 of each. 

18 minutes ago, SHINYxPoe said:

The post states that you can release the Mon you have for the new one that you encounter. You can still hunt for the shiny or for 1 with better IVs - but having a box full of legendaries just seems a bit extra (my personal opinion) It would follow more closely the way the actual game/series is to have 1 of each Dog and 1 of each Bird. Thats still owning 6 legendaries. 

okok but imagine you hunt like a week and search for some thousand encounters just to release it- for another chance, nah atleast let me keep it

Edited by Darkoure

I cannot stress enough or find proper words in any of the languages I know, to describe how atrocious and horrible this entire idea is.

11 hours ago, SHINYxPoe said:

I just found out that there are people with multiple Raikous and Moltres and so on.

Yes, because people sacrifice hundreds of hours ingame to search for them. In november last year, it took me 27 days to find Suicune and I have a ridiculous amount of free time per each day. That was the intended mechanic behind getting multiple legendaries in the game, without overflowing the market with them.

That’s just crazy. Lol. Each trainer should only be able to own 1 of each legendary dog/bird … so all 6 but only 1 time.

What's crazy is your suggestion(s). Why each trainer should only own one legendary? Because you said so? Are you aware that this is horrible for both PVP and PVE purposes? This hugely limits player's possibilities and creativity, as changing the nature, set and spread of any legendary would be expensive and desired to a degree that Rainbow Quills, nature herbs and Elemental orbs would skyrocket in value, while legendary lures would become useless once you will catch your one legendary. And what about Shaymin, for which people had to sacrifice an insane amount of time and effort? You're aware that there are people who got 2 of them, right? Did you think through your suggestion even and it's potential impact on the already existing mechanics?

Maybe it will help the legendary sink problem, yeah, but it will also turn the legendary market upside down and completely destroy any item associated with them, making hundreds of hours that players sacrificed, completely wasted.

Deleting the mons and recharging players with minimum GTL value is just so plain stupid that it's embarrassing to find out that someone actually thought about it.

Rather than making 30 idiotic suggestions with 0 probability of happening, try focusing your energy on making one, good, helpful suggestion which will get support from other players and will benefit the game. If this suggestion ever saw the light in an update, devs would face hordes of outraged players (including me) and a huge exodus from the game would happen due to devs not respecting the time players sacrificed.

Edited by RysPicz
40 minutes ago, Darkoure said:

okok but imagine you hunt like a week and search for some thousand encounters just to release it- for another chance, nah atleast let me keep it

You don’t have to release it for an encounter, just when you catch the new one it asks you to release the old one before storing it in your box. That way you can keep hunting them, and still have encounters for the shiny.

12 minutes ago, RysPicz said:

I cannot stress enough or find proper words in any of the languages I know, to describe how atrocious and horrible this entire idea is.

Yes, because people sacrifice hundreds of hours ingame to search for them. In november last year, it took me 27 days to find Suicune and I have a ridiculous amount of free time per each day. That was the intended mechanic behind getting multiple legendaries in the game, without overflowing the market with them.

What's crazy is your suggestion(s). Why each trainer should only own one legendary? Because you said so? Are you aware that this is horrible for both PVP and PVE purposes? This hugely limits player's possibilities and creativity, as changing the nature, set and spread of any legendary would be expensive and desired to a degree that Rainbow Quills, nature herbs and Elemental orbs would skyrocket in value, while legendary lures would become useless once you will catch your one legendary. And what about Shaymin, for which people had to sacrifice an insane amount of time and effort? You're aware that there are people who got 2 of them, right? Did you think through your suggestion even and it's potential impact on the already existing mechanics?

Maybe it will help the legendary sink problem, yeah, but it will also turn the legendary market upside down and completely destroy any item associated with them, making hundreds of hours that players sacrificed, completely wasted.

Deleting the mons and recharging players with minimum GTL value is just so plain stupid that it's embarrassing to find out that someone actually thought about it.

Rather than making 30 idiotic suggestions with 0 probability of happening, try focusing your energy on making one, good, helpful suggestion which will get support from other players and will benefit the game. If this suggestion ever saw the light in an update, devs would face hordes of outraged players (including me) and a huge exodus from the game would happen due to devs not respecting the time players sacrificed.

Your tone is DISGUSTING🤮

and you are right, you DO have alot of free time😂 No amount of insulting a suggestion or the poster will make you feel more important in your personal life buddy. Hurt people try to hurt people. Maybe you should focus less on my suggestions and more on your inner peace. Then return to pokemmo as a BETTER PERSON. 😇 

I am a day 1 fan of pokemon. The series and every game that has ever come out allow for only ONE OF EACH LEGENDARY. It’s canon. See how simple that is? I based my suggestion on the outlook of an ORIGINAL fan of the series. It’s not idiotic, it’s just different from your opinion.

People don’t “SACRIFICE” hundreds of hours to search for legendary pokemon, they CHOOSE to spend time on a hobby that they like. It’s called gaming. Don’t be so dramatic🙄 You don’t have to agree with me, and i don’t have to agree with your PVP “dominance addiction” viewpoints either. We can all still live respectfully. See how i didn’t have to insult you to write a decent reply? 
Kudos🥂

1 hour ago, SHINYxPoe said:

I am a day 1 fan of pokemon. The series and every game that has ever come out allow for only ONE OF EACH LEGENDARY. It’s canon. See how simple that is?

Let's say you have caught Zapdos in leafgreen, Why is it that if someone traded you a Zapdos on leafgreen the game doesn't ask you to release the old Zapdos? Making it that you own multiple Zapdos at that time.

Which would be the same thing in MMO if we owned multiple Zapdos because we caught multiple or bought multiple from gtl.

In both cases scenarios we own more than one Zapdos through varies reasons and both games don't ask to release an older one

13 hours ago, SHINYxPoe said:

People need 3 or 4 Raikou for PvP purposes? Make it make sense. People that don’t have said legendary could buy it, and when they encounter one and catch it - be given the option to release the non OT purchased one. 

Specs, Sub + CM, Weather puppy, Mixed. There's 4.

23 minutes ago, ClosedBox said:

Don't get baited people!

*takes bait* here we go:

Legit a whole section on Bulbapedia exists talking about how multiple of legendary pokemons exist
https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Legendary_Pokémon#Multiple_Legendary_Pokémon

So claiming that there is only one legendary possible is not even canon so really no point bringing that up as a debate point.
Even many official pokemon games allow for multiple legendary pokemon capture. Pokemon GO being the craziest example of this, where people have multiple shiny version of just one legendary via raids or events. Even TPC understands how important it is to supply a steady stock of legendary to players when in an online setting.

Also many in-game mechanics here have been improved in such a way that it makes sense for a MMO community.

Years ago it was impossible to even own any legendary. We are making slow progress in the right direction where players are getting the option to use them for their PvP / PvE purposes.

Also every region got a King of the Hill battle system at the moment where some legendary pokemons are locked and cannot be owned permanently or by more than one player at any given time.

And even this system might see some change when raids are linked with legendary pokemons in future.

Plus as of right now demands are in place from majority of PvE & especially PvP community to make legendary pokemons even easier to obtain & DEVs have also hinted more towards that instead of reducing them even further.

@SHINYxPoeAlso you might be a day 1 pokemon fan but there are many day 1 pokemmo fans & some people who shared their views here have been observing this game's economy for more than a decade now. Things work differently here than other games and this suggestion if implemented would not contribute positively to economy nor gameplay experience. It would be a downgrade reducing the number of legendaries instead of increasing them.

Also not sure what you're planning to gain by picking fights with some of the OGs who have just shared their views and called you out on a bad suggestion. This ain't PSL, no need to fire shots at anyone. I've done my fair share of shittalking in the past and got people who still hate me for it years later & it gained me nothing in the end, instead just lost some friends, so trust me it's not worth it the path you're on right now. No one will take you seriously or try to have a conversation with you if they know you're just gonna insult and troll.

Most people didn't like the suggestion, it happens. Accept it and move on.

It's clear that you're passionate about the game considering how actively you have all these ideas to make it better.

Maybe eventually you'll land THE one, but this ain't it in my opinion. All the best though!

We chose to allow duplicate legendaries because restricting ownership to only one would be arbitrary and would make the game worse instead of better. Most of these species are competitively important and versatile to an extent that warrants the ability to own multiple of them to fulfill different roles.

With regards to the lore:

• Each legendary canonically exists in many different regions across many different games.
  • The Kanto birds can be caught repeatedly in a single save of Let's Go.
  • Several others have been confirmed to exist in multiples in the anime, including the Johto beasts.
  • Legendaries appear in the various Battle Frontiers + Battle Subway. There are multiple of each per location and with varying (canon) natures, they can't all be the same one.
  • The link posted above by @Akshit is also a good reference.

This all demonstrates that most minor legendaries aren't actually one of a kind, so we're simply treating them as extremely rare species. We don't intend to change this stance.

Edited by Rache