Event Suggestions & Feedback

Strych

Question

As you all know, we enjoy running events. We try to come up with as many new and exciting ideas for them as we can, whilst also attempting to cater to our broad player-base.

Have we run a particular event that you'd like to see again? Perhaps one that you didn't like so much?
Do you have an idea for an event that you'd like to see happen? We're interested in your feedback and ideas, so feel free to post them in this thread.

Please keep ideas within the realm of possibility. I realise "if X is implemented, Y could be a great event", but lets try to work with what we have.

Note: This thread is for the discussion of official events (like those posted in PokeMMO Official Events).

I'm sorry but this is little bit inexcusable. I'm fine with random tier officials popping up with short notices but we're talking about the damn Team Tournament here. In this tournament you aren't only accountable to yourself but the whole squad around you we know as a team. Many players want to plan their timetables accordingly by wanting to play with their team in Team Tournament, which many consider the most important event of the month. And we aren't getting a day confirmed out when the tournament 'should' be coming out within one week now. In the future I hope at least TTs will be announced early enough.

On 25-9-2016 at 9:50 AM, OrangeManiac said:

I'm sorry but this is little bit inexcusable. I'm fine with random tier officials popping up with short notices but we're talking about the damn Team Tournament here. In this tournament you aren't only accountable to yourself but the whole squad around you we know as a team. Many players want to plan their timetables accordingly by wanting to play with their team in Team Tournament, which many consider the most important event of the month. And we aren't getting a day confirmed out when the tournament 'should' be coming out within one week now. In the future I hope at least TTs will be announced early enough.

TT is posted as unofficial as there was no possibility for me to host it officially this month. Last week the ratio between PvE and PvP as well as lack of available refs were an issue, and next weekend there's the same problem within the ratio as well as an overcrowded official tournament schedule on Friday-Sunday.

Making it an unofficial allows me to host it anyways, but it could be possible that it's being ran at the same time as some of the later rounds of Magbrawl's LC tournament.

tl;dr: Team Tournament next Saturday at 9pm BST as unofficial

42 minutes ago, Tyrone said:

TT is posted as unofficial as there was no possibility for me to host it officially this month. Last week the ratio between PvE and PvP as well as lack of available refs were an issue, and next weekend there's the same problem within the ratio as well as an overcrowded official tournament schedule on Friday-Sunday.

Making it an unofficial allows me to host it anyways, but it could be possible that it's being ran at the same time as some of the later rounds of Magbrawl's LC tournament.

tl;dr: Team Tournament next Saturday at 9pm BST as unofficial

Alright, this isn't directed to you Tyrone as it's clear that you personally wanted the TT to happen and you made it in your own way.

But...

What the actual fuck. Honestly. This is the most important official event of PokeMMO currently for most players. People wouldn't even care if they won nothing from this, this is legitimatelly the only tournament people only play for nothing but honor. If the higher staff dislikes some kind of PvP/PvE ratio being bad then this isn't the time to change that by cancelling the damn Team Tournament. (also top kek @ PokeMMO even having much PvE content at the moment except catching contests)

And Little Cup... Oh boy you're giving some people a reason to dislike this tournament series now. A gimmick or any other tournament should NEVER go before Team Tournament. But now we're talking about a damn Little Cup official. You still have time. Fix this. This isn't the time for burecraucy, we want a damn Team Tournament.

Edit: And refs, we don't care if one TT even lasted a bit longer, the 2013 TTs were literally 1 team vs 1 team going at once. We just want TT.

Double edit: I appreciate the efforts of Tyrone to make this happen unofficially if needed, the 'unofficial' tag just seems so pointless to me.

Edited by OrangeManiac

It's almost like they should hire people just for the sake of hosting official events. I dunno, call them Community Referees?

Their responsibilities would be to:

• coordinate with other referees to ensure a steady stream of official events
  • ensure that the higher-ups' PvE : PvP ratio is steady
  • actually advertise and host official events
  • fill in for absent referees when/if necessary
  • maintain the calendar of events
  • create new events, taking into consideration the suggestions of the player base

I'm certain there are players who would enjoy hosting events without having to take on all the other burdens that come with being a CM.

Just for the record, I don't really care... I've just always thought that this should be a position in staff, and saw this as the best time to put it out there.

Hold leader board tournys manually.

There is clearly a problem with automated ones because they no longer exist. We had 2, maybe 3, OU ones and UU/NU leader board tournys never saw the light of day. I don't see too much of a downside to hosting manually beyond losing the usage from those 15 battles (i think) but it would be more than made up for because people would actually have incentive to play ranked