October 2022 Movement Discussion Thread

Munya

1 hour ago, EmilioGarras said:

Not really sure about sableye, I think it might be UU  since it has no weaknesses and now it has prankster (prio Will-o-Wisp), it wasn't much of a threat in NU before, but having prankster makes it more usable. Don't know, I think it will shine way better in doubles tho. 

NU wise, its a pretty reliable answer to stuff like gallade, so it might have some impact, priority recover with rocky helmet also allows it to chip away on a lot of phys mons, but its still somewhat frail, and prone to get stuff like houndoom in, so im unsure. UU wise I dont think it has much merit, since its setup fodder to stuff like bisharp, and for clerics like umbreon which are very present on the meta.

2 hours ago, gbwead said:

I completly disagree with the implication that Water Absorb is more useful than Unaware in UU.

With Unaware, Quagsire is able to stop more threats and also doesn't need Haze to do so. An extra move for Quagsire is a big deal. Scald/EQ is a great coverage for Water Absorb Quagsire, but there is still a lot of walls (Vaporeon, Gastrodon, Slowbro, etc.) that can freely switch on it. The same can't be said about Unaware Quagsire with an extra utility move like Toxic, Yawn, Encore or w.e it may need. When Unaware comes into Rotom-Heat to stop a Volt Switch, it can do more than just Scald to force it out. Haze is no longer required to beat DD Flygon, Bulk Up Swampert, Bulk Up Medicham, DD or Bulk Up Scrafty, some Sigilyphs, Spiritomb Calm Mind, etc.

The only way Quagsire Water Absorb could beat Durant was with 116 SpAtk HP Fire. No one would ever run that shit in UU. Unaware beats Honeclaw Durant without any movepool or ev spread sacrifice. Water Absorb can't win vs Belly Drum Azumarill, Unaware Quagsire has great odds of beating it.

Unaware Quagsire can be a great security blanket for mons with a lot of boosts. Sometimes it's not possible to switch into a CB Krookodile and it's also not possible to sacrifice a mon because of Moxie. Quagsire can come RK Krook CB Moxie. A low HP +2 Mismagius can be revenge killed by Quagsire Unaware. Bisharp, Toxicroak and Rhyperior gain nothing from setting up if they are facing an Unaware Quagsire. That can be the difference between getting swept and only losing one mon sometimes.

Also, even though Water Absorb Quagsire with Haze has a better match up vs Fera, Unaware can still somewhat manage without even having to carry Haze in its movepool. 

To add onto this, although quite a niche, you could also add Counter to replace the movepool which Haze would've previously had.

Crawdaunt HA has now been released(currently complexed), won't be doing the vote until tomorrow around the normal time, but feel free to say whatever you wish to say about it.

Magnezone HA also got released today or last night, not sure which, but I don't believe anything needed to be done with it.

Craw is a mon I've been wondering on where it'd end since the very beginning. It's a mon that has historically given Feraligatr some heavy competition in its own tier so yeah definitely a solid UU for now. The only reason I do not suggest OU is because the lack of buffed Knock Off/Dark makes it a much weaker Pokemon than what I have in mind, albeit it is compensated by now having Close Combat.

tl;dr: OU if you wanna be hyper safe, UU if you wanna be lax and test the waters (no pun intended)

hace 6 minutos, suigin dijo:

Craw es un mon que me he preguntando dónde terminaría desde el principio. Es un mon que históricamente le ha dado a Feraligatr una fuerte competencia en su propio nivel, así que sí, definitivamente es un UU sólido por ahora. La única razón por la que no sugiero OU es porque la falta de Knock Off/Dark mejorado lo convierte en un Pokémon mucho más débil de lo que tengo en mente, aunque ahora se compensa con Close Combat.

tl; dr: OU si quieres ser hiperseguro, UU si quieres ser relajado y probar las aguas (sin juego de palabras)

Yo creo lo mismo intentarlo un tiempo en UU aunque me parece muy fuerte para la tier por el simple hecho de que UU no tiene buenos pokemons resistentes a la oscuridad excepto umbreon y Poliwrath . Maybe I forget another poke I don't have the UU list handy

Edited by Thenavarro
8 hours ago, Munya said:

Magnezone HA also got released today or last night, not sure which, but I don't believe anything needed to be done with it.

I think that Magneton Analytics will be a great asset for the NU & UU metagame as Magneton does a poor job at trapping the steels in those tiers.
However nothing that justifies being placed to UU instantly, so it's fair to keep them where they are

8 hours ago, Munya said:

Crawdaunt HA has now been released(currently complexed), won't be doing the vote until tomorrow around the normal time, but feel free to say whatever you wish to say about it.

Crawdaunt should probably start in OU and could be considered for UU in the future depending on the next meta changes that will happen in OU
I'm assuming multiple mons will drop to UU due to the amount of mons being added to OU, that's when Crawdaunt should be looked at.

It uses the same combo that Feraligatr uses to wallbreak but with more power, less speed & bulk. Meaning it's easier to handle for offensive teams and harder for defensive teams

9 hours ago, suigin said:

Craw is a mon I've been wondering on where it'd end since the very beginning. It's a mon that has historically given Feraligatr some heavy competition in its own tier so yeah definitely a solid UU for now. The only reason I do not suggest OU is because the lack of buffed Knock Off/Dark makes it a much weaker Pokemon than what I have in mind, albeit it is compensated by now having Close Combat.

tl;dr: OU if you wanna be hyper safe, UU if you wanna be lax and test the waters (no pun intended)

This is the money right here. I was thinking maybe Empoleon could wall it a little bit but having access to Close Combat makes the scenario change completely. So I agree it should start with OU and see how really good it is in that jungle of a tier lol. 

1 hour ago, Tawla said:

Poliwarth ez wall crawdaunt

Same case than Weavile OU. A mon that if their mons that he can counter, aren't on tier, he probablly will not be present on that tier, or will have a mediocre presence. weavile if Garchomp are out of OU, he don't survive even on UU (Weavile dropped after chomp gets banned, conveniently he return after chomp's return) and with Poliwath will not be diferent. If Fera and Craw gets banned from UU and most likely they will, poliwrath certainly will drop their usage on UU if not drop to NU.

• Munya unfeatured and locked this topic