Should it be easier to get into Mt. Silver?

Should requirements be easier for going into Mt. Silver?  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Requirements for going into Mt. Silver?

• 5 pokemon leagues completed
    • 5 pokemon leagues completed + seen every pokemon
    • 5 pokemon leagues completed + owned every pokemon
    • 5 pokemon leagues completed + catched OT every pokemon

4 hours ago, Seth said:

No need to make everything easy. Challenges in games are what makes them interesting in my opinion. 

Agree but there's absolutely nothing challenging about completing OT dex and beating E4s 😄 
If the requirement was to have a 50 winstreak in battle tower it would be different, what is in place is just a time consuming grind.

I'm not saying it's bad to have but it doesn't bring much to the game. I actually didn't do that part because I can't be bothered to hunt phenos for now.

Same goes for Suicune ahah, I'd much rather buy one than waste god knows how many hours

1 hour ago, TohnR said:

Agree but there's absolutely nothing challenging about completing OT dex and beating E4s 😄 
If the requirement was to have a 50 winstreak in battle tower it would be different, what is in place is just a time consuming grind.

I'm not saying it's bad to have but it doesn't bring much to the game. I actually didn't do that part because I can't be bothered to hunt phenos for now.

Same goes for Suicune ahah, I'd much rather buy one than waste god knows how many hours

Agreed there could be alternatives to how to reach it. I am just not in favor of just removing any challenges/quests so you can reach it just after E4. That had be hella boring. 

I don't think so, basically, from my point of view..... I think it's reasonable to do the challenge to unlock Mt.Silver because it is the end game and the farthest you can go at this point in time, and it also makes people work towards dex completion and becoming end game. The challenge is fair, there's gotta be something like this in an mmo. The veterans of PokeMMO get rewarded when they finally get into Mt.Silver, and not just any average Joe can do it right away. It's a good thing and I don't think it should change.

Beat the champions of the five region 'd be enough; in line with what the requirement was in the original game (hgss).

There's nothing wrong with the requirement to own all pokemon, really, but it doesn't make much sense lore-wise.

To face Red you have to be the best trainer, not the best collector. Even if you consider Red someone who canonically caught all 151 Kanto pokemon.

The reward of being the best collector could have been linked to something different, like in the main games.

I think this way developers 've created the ultimate goal in the game, and nothing 'll be more than this,

Whereas this could have been the first step in postgame content.

Edited by Proteus84

4 hours ago, Desu said:

Please donate 1 lab coat to the guard to be allowed to enter.

Well, I was all ready to donate a whole wardrobe of wacky outfits from the GTL elfbots outfits, pumpkin costume, even a phoenix robe. But that legendary Desu lab coat? That's on a whole other level! It's been MIA from the GTL for ages, probably because it's worth more than the maximum GTL sale price of 2 billion. Looks like MT. Silver will forever remain a distant dream for me! 🤷‍♀️ Maybe our pal @awkways, the proud owner of the elusive lab coat, can venture into the dungeon and share some tales of its epicness!

4 hours ago, Branaso said:

A very clear punishment history to enter 

Haha, I see where you're coming from! While the idea of clean punishment history could be a fun twist, I'm afraid that it might not be as challenging as we'd hope. Maybe we need a requirement like 'Solve a complex puzzle using only Pikachu sounds'? 😄

3 hours ago, MightyMichele said:

Maybe our pal @awkways, the proud owner of the elusive lab coat, can venture into the dungeon and share some tales of its epicness!

I actually just finally gained access to Mt.Silver like 1hr ago. I may or may not still own a colour lab coat... It's not that epic imo. Maybe some other exclusive hordes other than Larvitar would be a good addition, or rotating seasonal rare hordes might be cool & keep players engaged with the area for longer

16 hours ago, TohnR said:

don't lock more game content behind pvp please i was dropped as a child and i am not capable of critical thinking

Edited by BIood

Absolutely not!

I think current system is completely fine.

225k+ Free money in  less than 10 minutes every week is something that should be off the hands of the somewhat new players(like those who have completed 5 regions)

Spoiler

(i consider them new, don't attack me for that)

This also increases the importance of filling dex.

(Ability patch is dirt cheap now, so no motivation from that side, so mt. silver is only way to encourage players to fill dex)

Overall, i think it's fare and rewarding.