November 2023-Movement Discussion

26 minutes ago, epicdavenport said:
  • Audino from untiered to NU
  • Braviary from untiered to NU

It would be, but UT/NU movements happens on end of season.(Thank God because if not PCL would be on a lot of trouble).

Also, opinions about 1,4x Sharpness and Draco Hydreigon, it broke apart the meta or it are healthy and the meta are being able to handle them?

Edited by caioxlive13
11 minutes ago, Shadow said:

XD, but anyway, seeing Gligar removed is a sort of relief

A question, how is NU with Torterra and Blastoise Shell Smash, and Milotic Competitive / Flame Orb + Marvel Scale , idk which are the top set (not commenting Shiftry Wind Rider because it's XD.)? The tier is chaotic as f***, or all of those aren't broken at all and are good additions to the tier?

Edited by caioxlive13
Just now, caioxlive13 said:

A question, how is NU with Torterra and Blastoise Shell Smash, and Milotic Competitive / Flame Orb + Marvel Scale , idk which are the top set (not commenting Shiftry Wind Rider because it's XD.)? The tier is chaotic as f***, or all of those aren't broken at all

id would more think about milo for nu

Just now, DarylDixon said:

id would more think about milo for nu

Is because for years Milotic was a good wall on OU, not that much used but still great as defensive mon, and the tier also suspected Vaporeon Recently and iirc was banned, so maybe Milotic could be too much to the tier to handle.

3 minutes ago, caioxlive13 said:

A question, how is NU with Torterra and Blastoise Shell Smash, and Milotic Competitive / Flame Orb + Marvel Scale , idk which are the top set (not commenting Shiftry Wind Rider because it's XD.)? The tier is chaotic as f***, or all of those aren't broken at all and are good additions to the tier?

imo Torterra isn't an issue, Milotic and Blastoise may be to some extent

3 hours ago, DarylDixon said:

can we just ban milotic from nu^ its so cringe and too much having it in nu with marvel scale + flame orb can we talk about this mon a bit?

Milotic is yes tanky, and can singlehandly wall good portion of tier. However is pretty rare TC ban something due to that. To be banned, they need to be thr smallest offensive threat, or wall absolutely everything, and can't be almost everything, as we see on OU with regens and the pink blobs(chansey/blissey). Is far more easily to they ban because of Competitive sets, rather than Flame Orb sets.

Edited by caioxlive13

There's probably not a single Pokemon in the game that the Recover PP nerf hurt more than Milotic. 8 PP instead of 16 makes Milotic incredibly short term option to so many things, especially the Flame Orb set. Milotic needs multiple Recovers to "recover" from the damage (pun maybe intended) it takes from switching in against anything. It might consume 3-4 PP by just even Recovering to full and countering the Pokemon it was supposed to counter. But if you're wasting half of your PP by countering a Pokemon once, you're hardly a "counter" to begin with.

Edited by OrangeManiac
7 hours ago, DoubleJ said:

Smallest offensive threat is ban criteria? Sorry CM Blissey, you gotta go. 

i'm talking about porygon2 when it was banned for the first time. He was a great tank, but the reason for the ban was "a mix of offensive and defensive uber characteristics", when Pory2 was nowhere close to be a offensive uber in the first place.

Also @Munya, i noticed what appears to be a illegal move on MMO: Torterra doesn't learn Leaf Blade on the main games, checked Showdown Gen 9 National Dex to confirm that(NDex doesn't remove moves from a mon's learnpool), but on MMO he does for some reason. Just a mistake or there is some reason behind that, like Quick Attack Porygon?
image.png.74c09992924a11d5b4f05fc983bea5a8.png

Edited by caioxlive13
39 minutes ago, caioxlive13 said:

i'm talking about porygon2 when it was banned for the first time. He was a great tank, but the reason for the ban was "a mix of offensive and defensive uber characteristics", when Pory2 was nowhere close to be a offensive uber in the first place.

Also @Munya, i noticed what appears to be a illegal move on MMO: Torterra doesn't learn Leaf Blade on the main games, checked Showdown Gen 9 National Dex to confirm that(NDex doesn't remove moves from a mon's learnpool), but on MMO he does for some reason. Just a mistake or there is some reason behind that, like Quick Attack Porygon?
image.png.74c09992924a11d5b4f05fc983bea5a8.png

It learns Leaf Blade on lvl 34 in Legends Arceus.

1 hour ago, DoubleJ said:

Ah yes, that's right Porygon2 was banned for being an offensive uber. How could I forget... oh wait because it wasn't. It was banned for being unhealthy for the tier and too good not to use. Its offensive and defensive traits played into that, but neither of which determined the ban.

P2 was banned for fitting Defensive and Offensive Uber Characteristics. I told you how stupid it was at the time to ban it as an offensive uber. You made fun of me. Munya censored my posts where I pointed out it was a bad precedent to ban P2 as an Offensive Uber. I got a warning point for arguing against this bad decision. Now you are acting like it never happened and it was banned as unhealthy all along.

Look at the facts before making shit up please:
ab796181b7700e3524dbbc7cbe0c6092.png

When P2 was retested, you opened a P2 discussion thread where you acknowledged again that P2 was banned partly as an Offensive Uber:
4ed7092439532fef3dc95ebffda606b0.png

P2 was not banned as unhealthy. You know it was not banned as unhealthy. I'm not a big fan of Caoix, but you can't blame the guy for his confusion over the awful precedent you set for the community by banning p2 for the wrong reason and then ignoring the mistake pointed out to you. 

I have no idea why P2 is being mentionned at all, but I had to say something after seeing that blatant revisionist lie for which you got me in trouble.