January 2024 Movement Discussion

8 hours ago, Munya said:

If that is a NU/Untiered swap I'll probably be doing those later today, they are usually a day behind since I have the luxury of not needing to do them a few days ahead of time.

We know Untiered is not an official format, but can we get an list of what is moving? In the past there was a list of movements, notably before Hidden Abilitys, but suddently it vanished away... Is just an request, if isn't possible then it's fine, but the reason for the request is because there is a tournament right now and an upcoming one that uses Untiered as a format, if needed to announce the movements we had it ready. 

Also a doubt, for Untiered same cut-offs as official tiers, or 4,36% both up and down as it was before? 

On 12/27/2023 at 3:00 PM, Doctor said:

The only argument I can think against this is that it's really strong in sun teams and could cause UU sun to become more dominant. But, then again, my knowledge of UU is very limited and my opinion just comes from actually using it in OU sun, where it can trap stuff that isn't in UU like Tyranitar, which of course is huge for a weather matchup.

Agreed on it being excessively hated, I get how pursuit/arena trap/revenge killing in general can feel somewhat unfair/cheap but at the end of the day it's just something else to take into account when playing a matchup vs. those moves/Dugtrio. The question, again, is if it would give certain team comps (not just sun) a really strong tool that'd make them dominate.

The point of Gb that started this whole discussion is because they banned dugtrio because trapping is uncompetitive and this is what Dug does in OU and UU. If the reason for banning is because of that, then Dugtrio either should be banned from OU or unbanned to UU. He is not necessarily in defense of it being retested in UU, and honestly it shouldn't be restested, we already know it will be banned.

Edited by caioxlive13

Discussion on Swords dance chomp is over, it will remain as is pending future changes that might help combat it.

Moving on to outrage buff discussion.

EDIT: Nothing happening with outrage, moving on to Darmanitans ban(keep in mind even if this was deemed okay for removal from BL, its been comfortably in OU for quite some time now and would not be eligible to drop).

2 hours ago, Munya said:

Discussion on Swords dance chomp is over, it will remain as is pending future changes that might help combat it.

Moving on to outrage buff discussion.

EDIT: Nothing happening with outrage, moving on to Darmanitans ban(keep in mind even if this was deemed okay for removal from BL, its been comfortably in OU for quite some time now and would not be eligible to drop).

There is a uptodate list of everything denied/approved for discussion?

Spoiler

Also, about one banned ability that are Moody, it being added was a mistake but why not nerf it to it be out of banlist? Otherwise, one of the arguments to keep LC out falls into the ground(Keeping Ability bans as this according to some LC players was bugged and the staffs had to put back the abilitys banned on the format into banlist every time game updates) as this ability is more than a year in the banlist. I think it could be nerfed to their effect activating a limited amount of times per switch-in(3 is enough i guess.)

Edited by caioxlive13
12 minutes ago, caioxlive13 said:

There is a uptodate list of everything denied/approved for discussion?

Hide contents

Also, about one banned ability that are Moody, it being added was a mistake but why not nerf it to it be out of banlist? Otherwise, one of the arguments to keep LC out falls into the ground(Keeping Ability bans as this according to some LC players was bugged and the staffs had to put back the abilitys banned on the format into banlist every time game updates) as this ability is more than a year in the banlist. I think it could be nerfed to their effect activating a limited amount of times per switch-in(3 is enough i guess.)

Nothing more fun and competetive than facing a +3 evasion boosted mon.

5 hours ago, caioxlive13 said:

Game freak already did the job, moody on current gens don't boost acc/eva anymore. Since MMO is up to date in mechanics, moody should work same way there.

Did not know this, thanks for correcting me.

6 hours ago, caioxlive13 said:

moody should work same way there

While this is true, it doesn't change the fact that Moody clause still exists in current gen as the ability is completely uncompetitive (because the outcome is random).

9 hours ago, TohnR said:

While this is true, it doesn't change the fact that Moody clause still exists in current gen as the ability is completely uncompetitive (because the outcome is random).

Speaking of this can we ban acupressure? Lost a ranked match the other day because someone's first 3 uses raised evasion. Might not be as strong as moody with it's inherent boosts but I still has no place in a competitive environment.

I was just curious from TC members, are you guys planning to allow Kingler in UT? The reason I asked is because usage wise it was supposed to drop, but it's currently locked in NU. There've been a few tournaments where UT was included, so would be helpful for future reference.

4 hours ago, Imperial said:

I was just curious from TC members, are you guys planning to allow Kingler in UT? The reason I asked is because usage wise it was supposed to drop, but it's currently locked in NU. There've been a few tournaments where UT was included, so would be helpful for future reference.

Sometimes a mon is forgotten to be dropped. In december of previous year, samurott was supposed to drop to UT and it didn't.

4 hours ago, Imperial said:

TC has nothing to do with untiered. Just moved it must have accidentally removed it from the list when I was comparing to usage so it didn't get swapped.

All tournaments have UT included though.  If somebodies not they are setting up tournaments incorrectly.

1 hour ago, Munya said:

All tournaments have UT included though.  If somebodies not they are setting up tournaments incorrectly.

What he means is there is some tours that uses Untiered as a format by itself. An example is Teams Champions League which can have up to 16 games on Untiered per week.

6 hours ago, Munya said:

TC has nothing to do with untiered. Just moved it must have accidentally removed it from the list when I was comparing to usage so it didn't get swapped.

That's true but wanted to make sure as it was weird, thanks for sorting.

I was curious if there were any discussions regarding adding potential Gen 6-9 PvP items to the meta game. Orange had a post a few months back that outlined some items that could be added to improve the overall meta game - which could potentially benefit both the singles tiers and doubles tier. I was hoping that this could be potentially brought up as a topic of discussion again. (To be clear, I'm not asking for Heavy Duty Boots nor do I think they should be added to the game.)

ETA: I was also curious if/when potential movepool updates from the Gen 9 SV Indigo Disk DLC would be added into MMO.

Edited by Razachu
Gen 9 DLC Movepool Updates
22 hours ago, Razachu said:

I was curious if there were any discussions regarding adding potential Gen 6-9 PvP items to the meta game. Orange had a post a few months back that outlined some items that could be added to improve the overall meta game - which could potentially benefit both the singles tiers and doubles tier. I was hoping that this could be potentially brought up as a topic of discussion again. (To be clear, I'm not asking for Heavy Duty Boots nor do I think they should be added to the game.)

ETA: I was also curious if/when potential movepool updates from the Gen 9 SV Indigo Disk DLC would be added into MMO.

Loaded dice when?

On 1/5/2024 at 11:10 PM, ArtOfKilling said:

I'm not sure if im the crazy one here, but when are we going to start a Qwilfish NU discussion? 

Why discussion for qwilfish when NU have quagsire , slowbro ? And rk like jynx with dry skin and sceptile

4 hours ago, epicdavenport said:

Loaded dice when?

Waiting for this moment, i want my cinccino free from the Choice Band. Jokes aside, unlike other items there (HDB) this item sounds balanced for our meta and would be welcome there.

4 hours ago, Tawla said:

Why discussion for qwilfish when NU have quagsire , slowbro ? And rk like jynx with dry skin and sceptile

Qwilfish are that problematic? I mean, i played untiered back when it was allowed and was a decent answer to the UT Fighting types, now part of them are in NU because Blaziken left and qwilfish still checks them, but honestly i can't see it as broken even if the fight types can't do almost nothing to him. But it can have a potential on the tier due to Intimidate and great utility options such as hazards and taunt.

Edited by caioxlive13
11 hours ago, JurassicMick said:

Quagsire can do the work but Slowbro or Jynx aren't comfortable taking a Gunk Shot at +2. Poison Gem is also a popular item this season and it can kill a whole team if don't have something for it

What about steelix? Waterfall makes contact and steelix commonly use Rocky Helmet, is risky and can let him on range of Prioritys, and Gunk Shot won't do dmg to it.

Edited by caioxlive13