Legendary ? Where ?

7 hours ago, TohnR said:

Use GTL my friend. This game should not be a full time job ... OT is just an irrelevant subtext after all, you'll be fine 💪

For Entei, Raikou and Articuno it's fine, 570-600k isn't a big deal

Problem is Zapdos and Suicune which are both above 1,4m. I got lucky when bought my suicune when it was 650-700k. Nowadays people will never accept sell one for less than 1,3m even being the worst IVs and Nature possible

Edited by caioxlive13

F.

Petition to turn in 2-3 shinies/random PvP mon rewards (Event Reward OT) to some random new npc to exceedingly increasing your chances to encounter legendaries in the wild during the month. 

1 hour ago, caioxlive13 said:

Problem is Zapdos and Suicune which are both above 1,4m

It's not a problem, Mkns' account value is many hundreds of millions worth. Besides nobody asked for your input on the matter 😉 

Besides they are still cheaper to perfect than male only mons, and not way more expensive than mixed comps, which is an absolutely reasonable price

16 horas atrás, caioxlive13 disse:

Eles deveriam aumentar um pouco a chance de encontro, honestamente, porque há um problema ainda maior surgindo. É algo que os OGs não notarão, mas os jogadores mais novos sim.

Edited by NAGATOx
1 hour ago, Seth said:

F.

Petition to turn in 2-3 shinies/random PvP mon rewards (Event Reward OT) to some random new npc to exceedingly increasing your chances to encounter legendaries in the wild during the month. 

I don't really think catching them should mimmic shiny hunting, nor should have any aspect of shiny hunting increase their odds.

There's a huge reason many of us just don't engage in shiny hunting. It's boring, tedious, and really only rewards you a cosmetic variant. The problem is that the birds and the dogs (and many future legendaries) are competitive staples that have to be acquired if you're interested in running a specific team. It essentially forces a lot of competitive players to basically shiny hunt, which is where a lot of annoyance comes from.

It'd be one thing if I spent 3 hours in a dungeon or some other sort of enriching in-game activity that was actually fun to achieve these legendaries. Biking left and right in a patch of grass for three to six hours is a hard sell for most people, especially those with lives.

19 minutes ago, Raichuforyou said:

I don't really think catching them should mimmic shiny hunting, nor should have any aspect of shiny hunting increase their odds.

There's a huge reason many of us just don't engage in shiny hunting. It's boring, tedious, and really only rewards you a cosmetic variant. The problem is that the birds and the dogs (and many future legendaries) are competitive staples that have to be acquired if you're interested in running a specific team. It essentially forces a lot of competitive players to basically shiny hunt, which is where a lot of annoyance comes from.

It'd be one thing if I spent 3 hours in a dungeon or some other sort of enriching in-game activity that was actually fun to achieve these legendaries. Biking left and right in a patch of grass for three to six hours is a hard sell for most people, especially those with lives.

My intention was never for people to hunt shinies to increase their chances to catch a legendary - that would be stupid considering the difference in odds. It was just a thought, mainly to for example get rid of all the Rapidash/Tentacruel and alike from GTL, or the many complains about the Event Rewards stacking up in PC. The idea came in 2 minutes - just thought I wanted to share it here for people to discuss, so thank you for your input. 

1 minute ago, Seth said:

My intention was never for people to hunt shinies to increase their chances to catch a legendary - that would be stupid considering the difference in odds. It was just a thought, mainly to for example get rid of all the Rapidash/Tentacruel and alike from GTL, or the many complains about the Event Rewards stacking up in PC. The idea came in 2 minutes - just thought I wanted to share it here for people to discuss, so thank you for your input. 

Yep not needlessly trying to attack you like some people on this forum do. I think we're both in agreement though that something probably should be done to make them a little easier to obtain.

1 hour ago, TohnR said:

It's not a problem, Mkns' account value is many hundreds of millions worth. Besides nobody asked for your input on the matter 😉 

Besides they are still cheaper to perfect than male only mons, and not way more expensive than mixed comps, which is an absolutely reasonable price

Why you gotta gatekeep the thread dude, nobody asked for your input either yet you've posted twice already, which is totally fine but what he said was totally on-topic and I could find myself agreeing with his post, why shouldn't he be allowed to share his opinion as well? You're free to disregard him if you disagree. That was just unnecessary

It might not be a problem for Mkns but it might just be for other players, just saying

Edited by LeZenor
1 minute ago, Raichuforyou said:

Yep not needlessly trying to attack you like some people on this forum do. I think we're both in agreement though that something probably should be done to make them a little easier to obtain.

Oh no worries, my friend, I didn't feel attacked. I don't mind the current method (even though I missed both Articuno and Entei, rip), but I honestly wouldn't complain if it was made more fun to hunt the legendaries, sure. 

I'm sure a large portion of players are very grateful for the introduction of legendaries and getting them with less than a 0.1% chance is still better than 0%. However, there must be ways to spice up the process. We could come up with some ideas that developers could look at to make the system less daunting?

Edited by Zuladra

Here I am waiting with a clown mask for the big new feature while enjoying engaging gameplay by using my left and right buttons and klicking run for days 🙂

2 hours ago, vLucho said:

I thought that the legendaries were going to be Bosses and when we defeated them they would give a breeding egg depending on the boss we defeated. XD 

@Kyu @Rache pretty please do something like this because it sounds so good and feels MMO-like, maybe with a coop mode (with scaling difficulty in that case ofc)

1 hour ago, Doctor said:

@Kyu @Rache pretty please do something like this because it sounds so good and feels MMO-like, maybe with a coop mode (with scaling difficulty in that case ofc)

Possibly with a % egg drop and another % to be able to obtain the items that improve IVs and nature change.

Not necessarily, every time the boss is defeated he will have to give us the egg, also different objects or things or even just thank you for fighting the boss. XD

5 hours ago, LeZenor said:

It might not be a problem for Mkns but it might just be for other players, just saying

And it is. Players from 2018 and before can afford easily the mons, just sell any event vanity and they had 50m+
Players from current days cannot. And to get one is 3 days straight of Gym farm just to afford one of them and only the mon itself. To fix zapdos you has to farm for more 1 day to buy all orbs, and it can not be enough. Suicune is 25% of the work but still a lot. Just to afford them and items to fix both is a entire week farming gym, for 2 hours and all regions. And there is still costs with TMs and to make rest of a comp team. While older players can do that in like 1-2 hours of one day just preparing a team, since money is not a problem for them, a newer to afford both needs a week for 2 mons, and probablly will need to farm for at least more 3~4 days to afford the rest, ASSUMING an Economic breed(2x31 3x25+), if are more IVs then it will have to farm even more.

Edited by caioxlive13
7 hours ago, Raichuforyou said:

If you think these mimic shiny hunting, you havent started shiny hunting beyond maybe free, close to pc, shunts

If you have shiny hunted in the past.....im unsure what the problem is. These arent supposed to be handed out like candy. Sorry if thats what you want....

Edited by CanadaSorry

From my perspective, affording the legendaries isn't too unfeasible - most of them are listed on GTL for prices that correspond to what a 3x31 2x30 or 5x31 regular competitive Pokemon would cost and in my opinion, even newer players can afford to purchase them.

The only argument for legendaries being too expensive is when dedicated PvP players will want multiple legendaries with different sets - which can increase the cost significantly, but that argument applies to having lots of competitive Pokémon anyway.

The price of Nature Herbs, Rainbow Quills and Elemental Orbs can be a little bit expensive when using in bulk - I hope an addition is made to make the Orbs more affordable like the Quills became after the Ho-oh rematch. (Noting of course, that Gracidea are very affordable for Shaymin)

Having the OT (or a friends' OT) on your legendary would be nice of course, but for PvP accessibility, this is something that players are willing to overlook.

Rather, my bigger concern is the actual means of obtaining the Legendaries.

Shaymin’s introduction as the first obtainable Mythical/Legendary was a welcome change. Although the means of obtaining Shaymin was rather tedious (hunting down lots of tablets or obtaining them from Dungeon runs), there was a guaranteed Shaymin encounter (along with 12 event alphas) as a reward for your efforts. Shaymin prices were more expensive on the GTL than what the prices of the beasts are.

However, the same cannot be said for the roaming Beasts and Bird trios. The rate of encountering these Pokémon has yet to be disclosed. I myself have also spent countless hours hunting these legendaries to no avail, and with no guarantee that I’ll ever run into one. Whilst this is an MMO, and legendaries shouldn’t be gifted to you, the means of encountering them is bland and menial.

I hope that the Devs can introduce a means of obtaining the legendaries that does require effort but doesn’t mean I have to endlessly bike up and down for hours upon end, that is, a more, engaging means of hunting the legendaries. Dungeons were promised in the past and not delivered upon. Perhaps the upcoming feature and/or the Wishing Stone will improve this otherwise poorly executed feature in the game.

Edited by Razachu