Legendary Lures are a Scam

I looked into the value of Legendary Lures and how they compare to Expert Lures when it comes to hunting Legendaries. Even if they dropped to 30k on the GTL, they would still not be worth using.

The following table shows how inefficient Legendary Lures are currently:

Time Saved & Money Spent by using Legendary vs Expert Lures
Rate 1/1000 1/2000 1/3000 1/4000 1/5000 1/6000 1/7000 1/8000
Time Saved 42m 1h23m 2h05m 2h46m 3h28m 4h10m 4h51m 5h33m
Money Spent $1,199,328 $2,401,206 $3,600,480 $4,799,808 $5,999,136 $7,198,464 $8,400,342 $9,599,670
Assuming
-
Legendary Lures cost 90k
- 1 encounter per 8.5 steps for
Legendary Lures and per 9 steps for Expert Lures
- 5 encounters per minute
-
Legendary Lures increase encounter rate by 15%
-
Expert Lures increase encounter rate by 10%
- Using an encounter rate enhancing ability (
Swarm / Illuminate)

The following table shows the average time spent to encounter a legendary:

Average Time to Encounter
a Legendary using
Rate
1/1000 1/2000 1/3000 1/4000 1/5000 1/6000 1/7000 1/8000
Legendary Lures 1h37m 3h14m 4h51m 6h28m 8h25m 9h42m 11h19m 12h56m
Expert Lures 2h19m 4h37m 6h56m 9h15m 11h33m 13h52m 16h10m 18h29m

Source that Legendary Encounter Rate is between 1/1000 and 1/8000:

On 1/5/2024 at 5:53 PM, Damian said:

Conclusion: Don't buy legendary lures, you will be disappointed.

That's the same as all chance boosters (shiny charms, idr if there are others). They only need to be perceived as having effect more than actually having it. With this I am not saying that the devs are lying with rates, but that how much these item boost is not important as how much the general playerbase thinks it boosts (maths is hard to grasp for people not used to it).

Legendary lures are "scam", Shiny Charms are "scam".

9 hours ago, XanarchyNL said:

For some people, money isn't a problem and they'd rather save time. But yeah for the majority of players, it isn't worth it.
But then again, that's the point. It's a premium product. Not everyone should be able to use them for the entire hunt.

I disagree, the requirement is 1 region and 2 lvl100 pokemon, everyone that is interested in getting legendaries gets 3 a week, not really premium.

Shiny charms

Legendary lures

All kind of lures

Donator status

Those are money drainers, for old accounts + rich accounts, they don't work

The main goal is, maintaining a safe balance of economy of the game and that sucks a lot, sorry

31 minutes ago, Jgaw said:

Those are money drainers, for old accounts + rich accounts, they don't work

How much is 1 month donator rn? haven't logged in a couple months, assuming 6 mil or less, anyone like me can potentially buy donator for more than 100 years without batting an eye. They are not money drainers, they are resources that you buy player to player, aka money stays in circulation, inflation keeps happening. And that's also irrelevant to what Gb is trying to say. The value from legendary to expert is almost insignificant to the point that its almost a placebo effect.

Edited by razimove
3 minutes ago, razimove said:

How much is 1 month donator rn? haven't logged in a couple months, assuming 6 mil or less, anyone like me can potentially buy donator for more than 100 years without batting an eye. They are not money drainers, they are resources that you buy player to player, aka money stays in circulation, inflation keeps happening. And that's also irrelevant to what Gb is trying to say. The value from legendary to expert is almost insignificant to the point that its almost a placebo effect.

yeah 30 days is about 3.5m

3 hours ago, razimove said:

All ur quotes are always against what i say, and that keeps happening, razimove will always counter u

All my used donator lately didn't work at all

Not even a single shiny

So what i ve said above is money draining and none will change my idea

If i get a shiny legendary i quit the game 🤡

Yeah, that the effectiveness of the legendary lure is not too exciting. For their prices practiced in GTL, it seems that they got a lot desired by players. It's probably because of the recent legendary birds and I hope that they will reduce in price in the next months. I remember their price were around 60k each.

2 hours ago, Jgaw said:

If i get a shiny legendary i quit the game 

@JgawHey, I hope that you still got a few years playing on PokeMMO until have your legendary shiny ^^

Good luck

The time saved by using legendary lures cost so much that you would get the legendary birds quicker by just doing gym runs and buying the legendary off the GTL. Even if the Legendary Lures were costing 30k, it would still be more time/money efficient to use expert lures or doing gym runs.

Edited by gbwead

Even though the legendary decoy has no additional effect , It's just that I've been using zapdos for more than 50 hours and I haven't found success.🫡

Edited by Splxx
1 hour ago, Splxx said:

Even though the legendary decoy has no additional effect , It's just that I've been using zapdos for more than 50 hours and I haven't found success.🫡

But for sure you had a lot of fun doing such an engaging activity, right?

I wish more people would speak against the current system as a whole, and would probably be nice to even compile every problem PvE wise into a single thread. Doubt it gets anywhere but doesnt hurt to try

4 hours ago, MightyMichele said:

@JgawHey, I hope that you still got a few years playing on PokeMMO until have your legendary shiny ^^

Good luck

I will age in game cuz i Will Never get that, i trust the shiny rate system

2 hours ago, caioxlive13 said:

The legend lures as well as Expert Lures, are doing greatly their job. Act as Money Shrinks. People are spending millions with lures searching for legends(Legendary Lure also are money shrinks because the trade on GTL has a fee.)

Investing time and money in a task without making progress is an interesting gaming concept!

Can't wait to run for hours in the grass in the hope of capturing new legendaries!

giphy.gif.4b711584eff29ab2a73d179612e1a270.gif

2 hours ago, Zuladra said:

Investing time and money in a task without making progress is an interesting gaming concept!

Can't wait to run for hours in the grass in the hope of capturing new legendaries!

giphy.gif.4b711584eff29ab2a73d179612e1a270.gif

People complaint about the inflation, now we have gigantic and disguised Money Shrinks that let the money flow ellsewhere. As long as legends be attractive, inflation is under control 100%

Edited by caioxlive13