Legendary sink

RysPicz

Question

19 answers to this question

3 hours ago, DarylDixon said:

imo id would first think to make bit easier to find a legendary, it's so cringe u have to do1000000 encounters to get one

Legi Lures are meeeehhh...can't effort it as usual mortals...

Here are some "sink" ideas that I believe will help increase the value without having to increase the difficulty of encountering:
Turn in 3 Dogs/Birds (Your OT) for an exclusive tradable/untradable vanity. 
Turn in legendaries for and item that gives you access to legendary hidden ability.

I feel as if turning them in for an item that is already obtainable in the game with other means would not help increase their value. 

1 hour ago, cloo said:

No please I love all of my legendaries

Untradable mounts would be cool tho

61029F67-D250-4E34-8676-5BBF536F1BC5.png

I love my legendaries too

76b6647de29634a20897850d53bcda34.png

But soon Articunos despite their legendary status are going to be worth 15k, it's gonna really suck to hunt a mon with a super low encounter and catch rate to find out that it's basically worthless, so I think such a sink would motivate players to hunt for shit they otherwise would not care about

9 hours ago, TohnR said:

Silver caps reward for sacrifying leggies when ?

tbh caps to fix gifted pokemons would be an amazing thing, but doubt they'd introduce them due to their hurrdurr it will break shiny economy over untradable shinies

23 hours ago, RysPicz said:

I'm thinking about creating some kind of an NPC which can help us "get rid" of our legendaries which are useless, working in a similar way as that shiny collecting baron.

That NPC could consume our legendary for:

-Rainbow Quills

-Elemental Orbs

-Nature Herbs

-Legendary lures

-Battle points?

Opinions?

This wont solve the problem long term. It will flood most of those items and make them worth even less. When that happens, people will stop consuming the legends and you would end up exactly where you are right now. If you're going to add a long-term effective sink it has to have rewards exclusive to it, be consumable and worth getting on a regular basis. 

Spoiler

Quils

Rn quils are about 4.2k on gtl. The current legend is about 600-800k so its worth about 134-190 of quils. We have only been getting at least 20 per month, imagine what 154 per month would do. Quil price would tank to the point 154 quils wont be a worthwhile reward for consuming the legend.

elemental orbs

-Rn one 400k articuno equates to 17 orbs (23k per elemental orb)

Its hardly worth it, youre better off gym running to buy orbs. (days/ weeks of hunting articuno equate to 1 gym run or less)

Prismatic pearls

Adding another method to get prismatic pearls would mean their price wouldnt be solely reliant on shinies. To me this is a negative because it would hinder their effect to regulate shiny prices.

I agree with adding more legendary sinks but not those rewards. A very similar topic was suggested not too long ago and im glad the idea got the attention it deserves this time.

This would be the perfect place to introduce "Bottle Caps" Iv Training system.

For example:

Every legendary you have 89,99" chance of getting traded for 1 Bottle Cap, 9,99% chance of getting 3 Bottle Caps and 0,02% of getting a Golden Bottle Cap.

1 Bottle Cap will increase the 1 single IV at your own will.

1 Gold Bottle Cap will increase very single IV by 1 (max total 6)

Arguments against?

"That would destroy the shiny breeding market"

The cheaper legendary/mythical Pokémon at the market right now is 390.000$
But for the sake of it. Let's say it's actually 200.000.

There are 152 listings for Articuno, but let's say this number could grow to 2000 listings if every single person wanted to drop Articuno.

Assuming every single Legendary would cost the same, and every single one had this 2000 listings

That would go: 2000 x 6 Legendaries x 200.000$ = 2.400.000.000$

A lot of whales could afford to buy every single Legendary if they were listed this way.

And if the odds would work out perfectly, they would end up with:

10788 bottle caps + 3564 bottle caps + 2 golden bottle caps

So a total of 14366 iv's would be sent into the game. Which would put 1 Iv at 170.000$

A very common egg group is the Field, and the cheaper male breeder goes for 2.200.000$ which would be equivalent to to 13 Bottle Caps (13 IV's)

I've done all the calculation to make it look cheaper to obtain the bottle caps.

At the end of the day this item will be incredibly expensive, and would 100% put legendary prices at a very decent price forever, because it's a consumable that will have a lot of need.

I know this would make this suggestion into 2 different ones, but related.

Sorry for the long post,

Best regards.

And yes, I agree with the suggestion!