April 2024 Movement Discussion Thread

Going into a new season, 4.75% to go up, 3.75% to go down.  Usage at the time of this post dictates movements.

To OU from UU:

Empoleon - 6.14% Usage

To UU from OU:

Salamence - 3.32% usage

Bronzong - 3.73% usage

Mandibuzz 3.23% usage

To NU from UU:

Blaziken - 3.6% usage

Moltres - 2.14% usage

Gigalith - 3.66% usage

Zoroark - 3.66% usage

As usual, discuss whatever in the tiers you think needs discussing.

We are also looking for a new TC member, if you have an open application please reply to it to renew it or send a new one if you haven't before.

17 minutes ago, Sargeste said:

Did we ever get a vote on Rhyperior in NU? Not sure if I missed it.

We had a discuss about it but it’s a Mon unstable in the actual meta game that can 2hko or 1hko most of meta mons that are here but as we did with Venomoth they could try to drop it and test

Also @Munyawith the Swampert rate isn’t him coming to NU?

20 minutes ago, Sargeste said:

Did we ever get a vote on Rhyperior in NU? Not sure if I missed it.

Some day before you played probably (early seasons like s3 or 4) we decided to ban Roserade & Rhyperior shortly after they dropped to NU. 

They were really overwhelming not gonna lie, Rhyperior was the type of mon that you couldn't really check/counter and that always ended up enforcing a sac or a trade kill. 
I'm unsure if Rhyperior was ever suspected to drop back down since then (same thing for Durant who has been banned from NU for ages, like 2018 or something)

Edited by TohnR
7 minutes ago, ChronoRike said:

We had a discuss about it but it’s a Mon unstable in the actual meta game that can 2hko or 1hko most of meta mons that are here but as we did with Venomoth they could try to drop it and test

Also @Munyawith the Swampert rate isn’t him coming to NU?

nope, its at 3.77, needs to be below 3.75.

9 minutes ago, Ziiiiio said:

thought gastro goes up

Nope, 4.6, need to be above 4.75

3 minutes ago, RysPicz said:

Nope. It went to OU because it's HA Moxie was implemented

I remember TC agreed Salamence was fit for UU even after Moxie being implemented.

July-2023 Movement Discussion

To OU from UU:

Salamence - 5.26% OU Usage

14 minutes ago, RysPicz said:

Nope. It went to OU because it's HA Moxie was implemented

Yea it did, by usage ! Then people realized Moxie Mence sucks in OU :'D 

Honestly tho Mence sounds overwhelming, as our only defensive steel is going to be Bronzong. 
We also lost Mammoswine since it was last implemented into the tier (maybe we lost Mammo during the Mence UU era actually, unsure) 😢 Let's find out ! 

Spoiler

At least Crawdaunt and Entei are not as problematic anymore huh !

Edited by TohnR
13 minutes ago, TohnR said:

Yea it did, by usage ! Then people realized Moxie Mence sucks in OU :'D 

Honestly tho Mence sounds overwhelming, as our only defensive steel is going to be Bronzong. 
We also lost Mammoswine since it was last implemented into the tier (maybe we lost Mammo during the Mence UU era actually, unsure) 😢 Let's find out ! 

Reveal hidden contents

At least Crawdaunt and Entei are not as problematic anymore huh !

just use piloswine ez

20 minutes ago, Makarovs said:

Would Shaymin had the same fate if these drops had happened earlier? 3 potential checks for him dropping in the same month right after the review is sad. (No criticism, just a honest question for TC )

I'm pretty sure all 3 of them were in the tier when Shaymin was getting tested. The main change would be Ninetales and Entei imo.

Edit:

• Shaymin was banned in July 2023.
  • Mandibuzz was UU until January 2024.
  • Bronzong was UU until October 2023.
  • Salamence was UU until July 2023.
Edited by gbwead
8 hours ago, Munya said:

To NU from UU:

Blaziken - 3.6% usage

Moltres - 2.14% usage

Gigalith - 3.66% usage

Zoroark - 3.66% usage

Let me think about NU's recent drops:

The Blazin' Kickin' Chicken is back once again. Sure, it won't have similar dominance as it had before its rise to UU. Hopefully, we can topple the ubiquity that Hitmontop has had on the tier. BKC has amazing set diversity and utility with the capability to run various sets like scarf, banded, LO, SD, and Mixed.

Colonel Sanders has been cooking something because we got the 2-for-1 special with these drops. Moltres is unironically such an interesting mon in NU. Sure, defensively it's a worse Golbat with a 4 times rocks weakness but I feel like it could be an interesting mon to have in the tier, regardless of its flaws. (I hate Charizard btw)

Gigalith is back. Gigillions must run sand. I am so hyped for the return of Gigalith to NU.

Zoroark is odd and that is to say that I don't know what to think about this. I am not sure it will stay in the tier for long given NU's lower power-level and worse potential checks and counters.

3 hours ago, gbwead said:

I'm pretty sure all 3 of them were in the tier when Shaymin was getting tested. The main change would be Ninetales and Entei imo.

Edit:

• Shaymin was banned in July 2023.
  • Mandibuzz was UU until January 2024.
  • Bronzong was UU until October 2023.
  • Salamence was UU until July 2023.

Yeah I know they were together before in the tier, thats not my point. We are in a different UU meta now, as you said, Ninetales and Entei are used frequently and yet the TC chose to keep the ban. We had no acess to the discussion they have, so all we can do is imagine the reasons and I was thinking about maybe the lack of checkers/ways to avoid seed flare span is one of the reasones. Anyways, those 3 pokes can somehow deal or help to deal with that problem but idk.

When I questioned if Shaymin would had the same fate if these drops had happened earlier, I was referring to the recent reevaluations of bans, not the first Shaymin ban back then.