[PSL 7] Week Two

Tbh they technically are following the rules but honestly if they were planning to pull a stunt like this it should have been after a winner was already determined for the week. I did something similar to this in psl 4 when I had to battle captain in vgc (prankster assist sheer cold memes) but there was no incentive to win since both teams were only battling for third.

Let's be real here, if you want to sabotage your team you will hurt yourselves in the process, not only will your winrate drop but so does the chances of winning the week. Sure it can be seen as a uguu move but both players were on a level playing field and agreed on the terms of the battle. I don't really see the issue, players will already be discoraged from pulling these acts because they know their opponent could potentially pull a fast one.

43 minutes ago, BaguetteFag12 said:

so i see a bunch of irrelevant people who have no idea what they talk about talk mad things here let me clear something we agreed to play a fully competetive tier approved by smogon and you uguus have no right to say anything, we played in gen4ou and its not your buisness what mons we did use especially you @gbwead or whatever your name is. i will say only one thing to you, don't stick your dirty baguette nose in our buisness we use what we want as long as we play in a competetive tier and try to win vs eachother

with love, from foggi.

arent you the one that blocked the chat during his fight? There is already 1 rule to prevent you from being a cold chest, do you really need another one?

My opinion :

- The duel between Raptori and Foggi was under the rules. No bans. No rematch.

- I see 2 possible problems if people abuse of this :

- PSL is not only about Players but also Spectators and they want to see the players playing the right tier (cf. 10min rule)

- It can prevent players to scout their future possible opponents

Edited by Sashaolin
2 hours ago, DoubleJ said:

download_2.jpg

JJ, I get that you don't want to come back on your decision after saying that the duel was legit, but something still needs to be done to prevent this from happening again. Raptori brought an LC team to an OU duel. The fact that Foggi did the same thing means absolutely nothing. You don't bring an LC team to an OU battle, that is called throwing which is a bannable PSL offense since Lightleaks got banned for that reason. Iirc, he was pissed that Eggplant did not let him play NU, so he brought an NU team to a OU duel or something like that. 

This sets a bad precedent for the future; not only does it kill the hype and is highly disrespectful for the spectators, it also completly falsify the players rankings. It also puts into question why the PSL tier was selected in the first place if players are unwilling to play in that tier. 

What happens when one day Player 1 says to Player 2: "Hey man, I amreally busy this week, is it cool with you if we just do a 1v1 DPP OU duel instead of 6v6 DPP OU?" Raptori and Foggi opened Pandora's box and got away with it, let's close the box now plz.

Edited by gbwead