A Letter to the Devs

45 minutes ago, CaptnBaklava said:

That's not true at all. Those guys earn a shitton of money with this game that grew lager than many other mmos out there. 

That's not incompatible with this being a fan project, though. I don't know where I read it, but afaik some of the devs if not all of them have their job like everyone else and this is something they take care of in their free time. A hobby can be profitable, doesn't mean it's not a hobby :3

7 hours ago, Nenbot said:

I just work a job that allows me to spend that much, not to go into finances too much but its roughly 10-15% of what I budget monthly to spend for fun. I appreciate the concern for my financial well-being but I promise that I don't spend more than I'm able to LOL. I have no issues spending that on a game I enjoy but the overall point of mentioning it was to highlight the fact that money shouldn't be an issue behind the lack of communication, updates, events or anything really because there are players who invest more than I do monthly into the game. 

Hey man can you adopt me?

10 hours ago, ClosedBox said:

Don't think you or me or anyone that donates to the game are entitled to receive more and frequent updates just because we donated.  

I do agree on the low communication though, just to know what's up. I believe there won't be an event until Halloween since they're preparing to release raids. 

Completely disagree, us at RSPS development continue to always update our games because we believe the players deserve the updates whether or not if they donate. The donations are just what allows us to pay developers to do so, We also make much much less and have much harder content to write

4 hours ago, Cyen said:

This is literally just a fan project, be happy they are still working on it at all after 12 years  and haven't shut it down yet.

I disagree, it has become much more than that. They could (and probably have) sold the game ownership since then. if not it should be if it is still seen as a "fan project" especially since they have a microtransaction store. you can't claim to be a "fan project" to get away from giving updates when you take peoples money on the 1000s per week they can easily fund someone else to develop their game for them if they don't want to work on it anymore

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Doctor said:

hat's not incompatible with this being a fan project, though. I don't know where I read it, but afaik some of the devs if not all of them

Then someone certainly makes a fortune with this game looking at all the voucher in the GTL. Every single vanity has been paid with real money at some point aswell. 
Thats surely a living. Way beyond the average living/income of the usual guy.
Looking at some mmo's on steam or whatever, they have less player and a smaller economy with them still working full time on it.

Beeing a "fan project" is a vague excuse at this point imo.

Edited by Johnwaynee

Unfortunately, i do not foresee any change no communication no frequent updates no improvements this game will constantly be stalled and delayed for the updates it drastically needs while they don't invest in their team to get out the updates faster and more frequently so the community as a whole can enjoy more content. Frustration is boiling while you make a profit and stay silent someday pokemmo wont be number one and you'd wish you take the community's plea more seriously.

4 hours ago, Johnwaynee said:

Then someone certainly makes a fortune with this game looking at all the voucher in the GTL. Every single vanity has been paid with real money at some point aswell. 
Thats surely a living. Way beyond the average living/income of the usual guy.
Looking at some mmo's on steam or whatever, they have less player and a smaller economy with them still working full time on it.

Beeing a "fan project" is a vague excuse at this point imo.

Remember that all income is tax free as well

Posted (edited)

Even though this guy seems out of place because the game is free, he, among others are the ones who keep the game alive with their donations, and devs knows that. The 'fan project' wouldn't have grown as it has until today if people didn't give their money. Nobody would maintain something this big without something in return.

People laugh at this guy because he has no impact on their lives, but it's not the same for the devs, he's giving money to them and I bet they are smart to follow the advice 'always listen to your customers'

Edited by Frag
11 hours ago, Frag said:

Even though this guy seems out of place because the game is free, he, among others are the ones who keep the game alive with their donations, and devs knows that. The 'fan project' wouldn't have grown as it has until today if people didn't give their money. Nobody would maintain something this big without something in return.

People laugh at this guy because he has no impact on their lives, but it's not the same for the devs, he's giving money to them and I bet they are smart to follow the advice 'always listen to your customers'

I think you are half correct in the sense that he is just one of many. The game can sustain itself if we all left rn cause the chinese community alone probably spends tens, if not hundreds of thousands per month. Sure they need money to keep it going and also to be incentivized to bring up more content, but at the same time if you really look at how detached devs are from the community, youll start looking at it differently.

This Post so Out of Pocket...i dont even know where to start xDDD

You joined in january brew... So after 3 month's you wanna make Major Changes ?

And you Support from 2015...and only 1.7k hrs?

Something clearly off with bro's History...

I think blud doesnt know what the heck he is talking about xDDD

Give the 300$ to mum/dad and go have a nice day with ya Family...will be better for all involved..

No hate, but clearly angry confusion...with that being eaid i hope you all are doing good...see ya ingame 🤝

I don't understand why some clueless people are taking this post as something ironic and mocking the guy, honestly it's difficult to see reality when you want to defend something or someone you like who is being criticized for hurting someone else. .

There is consistency in what the guy in the post said, there is a huge lack of communication between the superiors of this game and the community, I've been here since 2013 and sometimes it bothers me not to have things so clarified, the most annoying thing was after years now I know that there is a blocking of shiny encounters.

So to the ridiculous people who are trying to portray this guy as a clown and this post as a circus, you are out of touch with reality to the point of defending the absurd, re-read this post again and learn to have coherence and see with your feet on the ground how much this is serious.

On 5/10/2024 at 5:55 PM, XIstoyucori said:

I don't understand why some clueless people are taking this post as something ironic and mocking the guy, honestly it's difficult to see reality when you want to defend something or someone you like who is being criticized for hurting someone else. .

There is consistency in what the guy in the post said, there is a huge lack of communication between the superiors of this game and the community, I've been here since 2013 and sometimes it bothers me not to have things so clarified, the most annoying thing was after years now I know that there is a blocking of shiny encounters.

So to the ridiculous people who are trying to portray this guy as a clown and this post as a circus, you are out of touch with reality to the point of defending the absurd, re-read this post again and learn to have coherence and see with your feet on the ground how much this is serious.

Agreed that fact is unless you are a dev or owner you are a player you shouldnt be so naive to the actual situation we are in its quite bad that these players focused so much on things that arent the main topic of this post and rather criticize or make fun of this persons spending then focus on the actual situation behind and infront of them. WE NEED TRANSPERENCY WE NEED COMMUNICATION WE NEED MORE DEVS WE NEED MORE UPDATES WE NEED OUR VOICES TO ACTUALLY MATTER. heres a funny thing to consider why in the hell is their no staff or former staff saying anything in here?why havent devs or owner(s) said anything? Why has it been days without any response its about to be a week since the post do your players/consumers not deserve it?

Posted (edited)

Large Events are fun but having too many of them can be counterproductive and create burnout. I believe that four large events each year is enough.

We already have an event season from October to February with Halloween, Christmas and Lunar New Year. These three events are very close to each other and having a break for a few months after them is important. Events need to stay something special and not become a new normal.

I do believe that having an annual event in June/July would be something to consider for a few reasons. During those months, a large amount players have more time to play, it is far enough from the event season's beginning/end to not cause burnout and is when players start to want a bit of change from the usual repetitive grind of the game.

Edited by Guest

As a cycle,our community is likely in winter tbh,according what I observed since last Halloween,players,at least Chinese community members have reduced a lot.Though a lot of new members started their mmo journey cause they are attracted by videos from all kinds of platforms or just play with their friends,(old) players active in channel or in those popular shiny hunting points are slowly reducing.In general I think we need more new elements in game,maybe not new events or new generation,at least they need pump energetic blood to our community.