[PSL 6] Summary Thread.

4 minutes ago, BlackJovi said:

Idk, I still look at LC like a joke. No way I would approve that as a PSL tier. 

You are right, the number of active LC players is too damn low but in terms of joke, showdowns tiers are way more senseless than pokemmo LC.

3 minutes ago, Sashaolin said:

You are right, the number of active LC players is too damn low but in terms of joke, showdowns tiers are way more senseless than pokemmo LC.

Well, idk about senseless. But I'm pretty sure people would be more hyped to watch a DPP OU/ORAS OU match rather than a LC one, and it's more of a solid tier for PSL. 

E: Plus there are more solid showdown players 

Edited by BlackJovi
Just now, BlackJovi said:

Well, idk about senseless. But I'm pretty sure people would be more hyped to watch a DPP OU/ORAS OU match rather than a LC one, and it's more of a solid tier for PSL. 

Of course but I mean I'm not the only one who wants to see a 100% pokemmo tiers PSL.

But well, many active PSL players would be excluded so I understand that it's not likely to happen.

I'd also like to have an all out PokeMMO PSL, but let's be honest- first we need variety and PokeMMO outside of gimmicks does not provide it, second of all we got some incredibly good showdown players who are prominent even outside of MMO with their exceptional skills and... Showdown tiers were with PSL since season 1. It'd be a shame to scrap them especially because they tend to gather sometimes a huge amount of spectators.

I should fucking sleep

I'll start by saying I'm clearly biased and there's no getting around it. But objectively, why the fuck do we even want an "all pokemmo PSL?" What is desirable about that? Is it that hard to fucking click on a link and go to pokemon showdown to watch a match?

Let's be honest, we've kind of scrapped some shit together and made it work but overall, pokemmo meta kind of sucks. We need legendaries, we need gen 4 moves, and there have always been huge balance issues for every tier, aside from a few glorious months of UU back in like 2014. Showdown tiers, mainly DPP (bias shining nice and bright, I know) are the metagames that we aspire to become here at pokemmo. Plus, most people with a working knowledge of competitive pokemon mechanics can throw a team together relatively quickly and compete at a relatively high level.

Right now PokeMMO tiers outnumber showdown tiers 4:1, thats plenty in my opinion. Abolishing showdown tiers would just be an ass backwards decision that does nothing but eliminates the best, most competitive matches from an unofficial tournament that has always included them. Luckily, I know JJ has more sense than to listen to the idiots clamoring for a "pure" PSL which again, makes no fucking sense. Showdown is just a mechanism through which we play competitive pokemon, just like pokeMMO, why people feel the need to separate the two and act all high and mighty about our shit here baffles me

full disclosure i've had a few drinks so this is probably coming off harsher than I intended but cmon guys. shutup about an all pokemmo psl, if you arent good enough to play a showdown tier then aspire to be better or something i dk

Edited by Gunthug

Wow. Although I am somewhat disappointed with the loss in the end, this season of PSL had been a blast for me.

Let me start off by apologizing to my Baenine brothers. I must confess I was not taking PSL seriously during the first 5 weeks, partially due to the fact that I was only brought for a measly 2500 and was placed in a tier I'm not best at. I am honestly sorry that both Gary and Kay both had put great faith in me but I had not pay them back properly, and I am to be blamed for not helping the Baes get the crown they rightfully deserved. For those that did not watch my matches, I was literally screwing around the first 5 weeks, using teams with sleep talk curses, baton pass, swaggers, quick claws, and so on. It was only by week 6 after the victory of JIce, I've finally gotten my act together, but I've gotten rusty over the weeks and I was not making the best judgements at that point. On week 6, the team I used had a rather serious weakness against Gyarados, and I actually voiced it out in the team chat a few days before my match. The team had given me a few suggestions and I had taken them into consideration, but in the end my hubris did not listen and... well you know what happened - huge lead turned into landslide defeat. Week 7 I was choking on Gunthug's uguu the entire match. I am not sure why myself, but I just did. Looking back, the choices I made were really illogical in that game, and I am truly sorry to have contributed so little to the team this season.

With that out of the way, I have to say I really had fun, and I hope you folks were entertained by my performances (both my bad matches and my lousy trash talkings lol). All fun things must come to an end though, but that is what makes them so great. Right now I am getting that bittersweet feeling that you get when you finish a series or a book and there's nothing more of it. Soon the PSL threads will die down, and I will no longer have an unregulated place to spam and trollolol. Maybe I'll go offtopic at LYLE team thread or something, since player reactions from that team are very entertaining to me ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) .

I am going to miss you, my Baenine brothers, my friends , and lolenemies I made this season. Days were a lot more interesting in general because of you all. I look forward to seeing you all again in the next season where the fun starts again, and until then, you can find me being serious in my Moemon dungeon if you ever need me.

Peace out,

Moetal

peaceout.gif

1 hour ago, Gunthug said:

But objectively, why the fuck do we even want an "all pokemmo PSL?" What is desirable about that? Is it that hard to fucking click on a link and go to pokemon showdown to watch a match?

Showdown is just a mechanism through which we play competitive pokemon, just like pokeMMO, why people feel the need to separate the two and act all high and mighty about our shit here baffles me

Like if it was about clicking...

Pokemmo have his own meta games, tiers and mechanics, juste like Showdown, if you don't get why people separate the two, you need to consult. 

Let's be honest, we've kind of scrapped some shit together and made it work but overall, pokemmo meta kind of sucks. We need legendaries, we need gen 4 moves, and there have always been huge balance issues for every tier, aside from a few glorious months of UU back in like 2014. Showdown tiers, mainly DPP (bias shining nice and bright, I know) are the metagames that we aspire to become here at pokemmo. Plus, most people with a working knowledge of competitive pokemon mechanics can throw a team together relatively quickly and compete at a relatively high level.

Well, only biased and subjectives points of view here

Right now PokeMMO tiers outnumber showdown tiers 4:1, thats plenty in my opinion. Abolishing showdown tiers would just be an ass backwards decision that does nothing but eliminates the best, most competitive matches from an unofficial tournament that has always included them.

If Pokemmo tiers outnumber Showdown tiers 4:1 it's because Pokemmo tiers players outnumber Showdown tiers players more than 4:1.

Yeah yeah, sure ADV duels are the most competitive matches while some called it a RNG tier...

Luckily, I know JJ has more sense than to listen to the idiots clamoring for a "pure" PSL which again, makes no fucking sense.

Insult people for voicing their desire even if they are wrong makes no fucking sense, typical uguu frustrated nerd behavior here, grow up son...

29 minutes ago, Sashaolin said:

Like if it was about clicking...

Pokemmo have his own meta games, tiers and mechanics, juste like Showdown, if you don't get why people separate the two, you need to consult. 

Well, only biased and subjectives points of view here

If Pokemmo tiers outnumber Showdown tiers 4:1 it's because Pokemmo tiers players outnumber Showdown tiers players more than 4:1.

Yeah yeah, sure ADV duels are the most competitive matches while some called it a RNG tier...

Insult people for voicing their desire even if they are wrong makes no fucking sense, typical uguu frustrated nerd behavior here, grow up son...

Lmao look how mad he got

2 hours ago, Gunthug said:

why the fuck

Is it that hard to fucking click on a link

pokemmo meta kind of sucks

Abolishing showdown tiers would just be an ass backwards decision

JJ has more sense than to listen to the idiots

makes no fucking sense

act all high and mighty about our shit here baffles me

shutup about an all pokemmo psl

v4V6YAY.png

Having showdown tiers is just a window of opportunity for some of our less up-to-date on the fucking MMO shitty grindfest. Literally the only difference is that in PokeMMO some players have glaring advantages by having more up-to-date comps for the never balanced meta. With how often the meta changes here there's 0 reason for a person to not be able to pick up a showdown tier rather quickly since it's just like adjusting to this games ever-changing bullshit. 

1 minute ago, Rigamorty said:

Having showdown tiers is just a window of opportunity for some of our less up-to-date on the fucking MMO shitty grindfest. Literally the only difference is that in PokeMMO some players have glaring advantages by having more up-to-date comps for the never balanced meta. With how often the meta changes here there's 0 reason for a person to not be able to pick up a showdown tier rather quickly since it's just like adjusting to this games ever-changing bullshit. 

If ADV was the most wanted showdown tier after DPP, it clearly shows that we don't need a second showdown tier since we don't have a quality competitive player base for a second tier.

1 minute ago, gbwead said:

If ADV was the most wanted showdown tier after DPP, it clearly shows that we don't need a second showdown tier since we don't have a quality competitive player base for a second tier.

it wasnt the second most wanted, it was just the only viable tier

VGC 16 was ass cancer and getting dumped mid-season, Gen 6 OU was ok but was going to become outdated again midseason... and obv it was too soon for Gen 7 stuff

this time around it should be DPP and either Gen 7 OU or VGC 17.

For a guy who doesnt play PSL you seem to care about what tiers it has an awful lot ;)