[WC 6] PokeMMO World Cup 6th Edition - General Thread (July 23rd, 2023 to October 29th, 2023)

A rule change proposal? 

I think if a nation has 2 teams overlaping themselves and both are on zone for disputing qualifiers(The tournament gets 16 teams, one of teams gets #18 on donation rank and other gets #20), i think both should be qualified to qualification, but a extra qualifier spot is open, and both teams overlaping face themselves on a preliminary round to eliminate one of them right away. Who would pass would be determined by 85% skill and 15% luck(Because it would be a pokemon battle so it would have luck, nothing we can do about.), not fully by luck since no team know the bid of the other and has to count with luck that have donated enough.

For example, if the registered ended now and the below 9 ended like this:

Peru (Sebastian)
Ecuador
Australia
Germany
S. Korea
Spain
South China
Peru (xLuneth)
Belgium

Then all of them would be qualified and the pairings should be: 

West Qualifiers:
Preliminary: Peru(Sebastian) vs Peru(xLuneth)
Semifnals: Preliminary winner vs Equador // Belgium vs Spain

East Qualifiers:
Semifinals: Germany vs South China // Australia vs S. Korea

Edited by caioxlive13
10 minutes ago, caioxlive13 said:

A rule change proposal? 

I think if a nation has 2 teams overlaping themselves and both are on zone for disputing qualifiers(The tournament gets 16 teams, one of teams gets #18 on donation rank and other gets #20), i think both should be qualified to qualification, but a extra qualifier spot is open, and both teams overlaping face themselves on a preliminary round to eliminate one of them right away. Who would pass would be determined by 85% skill and 15% luck(Because it would be a pokemon battle so it would have luck, nothing we can do about.), not fully by luck since no team know the bid of the other and has to count with luck that have donated enough.

For example, if the registered ended now and the below 9 ended like this:

Peru (Sebastian)
Ecuador
Australia
Germany
S. Korea
Spain
South China
Peru (xLuneth)
Belgium

Then all of them would be qualified and the pairings should be: 

West Qualifiers:
Preliminary: Peru(Sebastian) vs Peru(xLuneth)
Semifnals: Preliminary winner vs Equador // Belgium vs Spain

East Qualifiers:
Semifinals: Germany vs South China // Australia vs S. Korea

No. If a country decides to divide, they need to assume the consequences of that division. If that means both parts of the countries do not make the cut, so be it. I will not change the rules to give priviledges to countries that wish to divide. You asked for something similar not too long ago. Please drop it.

4 minutes ago, gbwead said:

No. If a country decides to divide, they need to assume the consequences of that division. If that means both parts of the countries do not make the cut, so be it. I will not change the rules to give priviledges to countries that wish to divide. You asked for something similar not too long ago. Please drop it.

It not are a privilegy, if are for overlaping countrys that both gets onto qualifiers. Since you won't reveal the bid value until end(imo that was a bad decision, if has revealed earlier then teams would increase the value they are putting in the table to secure their spot and increase prizepool with that, that was a missed opportunity), then i think this would be the fairest way to decide who enters. Simply they face themselves and just one of them would be onto the Qualifiers semifinals, while other is out. But this would only apply if both gets into qualifiers. If one or both of them fail to do so, then no discussion, who fail to get enough money are out.

Edited by caioxlive13
2 minutes ago, caioxlive13 said:

It not are a privilegy, if are for overlaping countrys that both gets onto qualifiers. Since you won't reveal the bid value until end(imo that was a bad decision, if has revealed earlier then teams would increase the value they are putting in the table to secure their spot and increase prizepool with that, that was a missed opportunity), then i think this would be the fairest way to decide who enters. Simply they face themselves and just one of them would be onto the Qualifiers semifinals, while other is out. But this would only apply if both gets into qualifiers. If one or both of them fail to do so, then no discussion, who fail to get enough money are out.

The answer remains no.

It'd be also unfair for other Countries to give a divided country 2 spots in the qualifier.

If we beat Peru 1 and lose to Peru 2 afterwards, players from peru 1 could join Peru 2 for worldcup and make it with losing in qualifiers.

Why not create 4 teams to have better chances in qualifier in that scenario?

Edited by Eipott
7 hours ago, Eipott said:

It'd be also unfair for other Countries to give a divided country 2 spots in the qualifier.

If we beat Peru 1 and lose to Peru 2 afterwards, players from peru 1 could join Peru 2 for worldcup and make it with losing in qualifiers.

Why not create 4 teams to have better chances in qualifier in that scenario?

In the case of Perú, it wouldn't happen if my idea gets applied due to both facing themselves earlier. They didn't agree with a split, so they should eliminate themselves in a fairest way.

But this can happen with China and Latam, because they agree onto split and one team doesn't interfere with other. ( North/South China and Central America / Latam )

Edited by caioxlive13

I have been thinking about the donation bonus. Right now, previous World Cup Champions get a x1.5 donation multiplier. Do you guys think the Defending Champion should get a higher multiplier like x2.5 instead of x1.5?

Edited by gbwead
35 minutes ago, gbwead said:

I have been thinking about the donation bonus. Right night, previous World Cup Champions get a x1.5 donation multiplier. Do you guys think the Defending Champion should get a higher multiplier like x2.5 instead of x1.5?

I think the bonus should apply like this:

2 - ([5 - the number of the world cup won]/5)

So argentina, that won world cup 5, would have the maximum bonus(2x)
While France, that won the World Cup 2 would have (2 - (5-2)/5 = 2 - 3/5 = 2 - 0,6 = 1,4) 1,4x bonus.

China's bonus would be in that case, 1,4% for each china team since they have 80% additional but decide to split for the two teams.

And the bonus would multiply if a region has 2 world cup winners, like "Belgium" has(the name of team is belgium but it had other 4 countrys on their coalization, according to their captain Mkns: France, Italy, Austria and Denmark.) they would have 1,4 * 1,6 = 2,24x bonus.

So, more older the title, less bonus it would give, and multiple titles onto a single team would increase the bonus.

And also i think the bonus should be applied if the country ended in top 3, obviously a smaller bonus than winning the tour, but still a bonus:
2nd place: 1,5 - ([5 - the number of the world cup runner up]/5)
3rd place: 1,25 - ([5 - the number of the world cup 3rd place]/5)

And a country is not allowed to have more than one bonus coming from same world cup. Argentina wouldn't have the bonus from Latam even with Lumiere on their team, because comes from same World cup(5th edition), but Belgium and France could've their champions bonus combined due to they won separate titles(3rd and 2nd edition respectively)

Edited by caioxlive13
21 hours ago, gbwead said:

I have been thinking about the donation bonus. Right night, previous World Cup Champions get a x1.5 donation multiplier. Do you guys think the Defending Champion should get a higher multiplier like x2.5 instead of x1.5?

I like this solution.

It's easy and supports the current Champion, but nations without a wc win will still have a chance.

The other solution is unecessary complicated.

August 13 (deadline to complete the registration process)

Teams who have completed the registration process

• USA
  • China North
  • African Nations
  • Argentina
  • Ecuador
  • Central America
  • Germany
  • Portugal
  • Venezuela

Teams who have partially completed the registration process

• Mexico (@Edstorm I need the name of the third mandatory donator)
  • Belgium (@Mkns1070 I need the name of the third mandatory donator)
  • Vietnam (@TheShyn Please make sure that @Mizuki confirms his support)
  • Colombia (@Edwardinho Please make sure @IncursioZ confirms his support)
  • Peru ( @xLuneth Please make sure lManjiro confirms his support)

Reminder that mandatory donators do not require a forum account to confirm their support. They can do so by sending me an in game mail to "gbwead" saying which team they support.

Teams who did not start to complete the registration process

Please provide the names of your mandatory donators as soon as possible. Contact me if there is a problem or you need more time.

August 19 @ 11:59 AM UTC (deadline to submit team donations)

The donations of teams that did not complete the registration process will be rejected.

Edited by gbwead

Despite many attempts to contact @YIueil on the forum, in game and on discord, I have not heard from him since July 23rd. If I don't hear from him or anyone from China willing to take over Team China South, I will sadly have to remove Team China South from this event on August 13.

If this happens, Team China North donation bonus will go back to x1.5 instead of x1.25 and I will also allow them to rename to Team China instead of Team China North.

edit: Everything is good now. 

Edited by gbwead
On 10/17/2022 at 9:58 AM, gbwead said:

Registered Teams

Team
Captain
Mandatory Donators
Donations
Multiplier
WC Champions
Reference Amount
for Selection
1 2 3
USA @drewq @Imabetheverybest1 @DoubleJ @xSparkie ################# x1 #################
China North @queest @RedHair @heichicoda @loveyun ################# x1.25 #################
Mexico @Edstorm @Latiosrol @Akaruyo @Xigbar ################# x1 #################
African Nations* @ArtOfKilling @PoseidonWrath @GodXebec @Azphiel ################# x1 #################
Belgium @Mkns1070   @smadagos @AwaXGoku ################# x1.5 #################
Argentina @PepeDeLaGente @GasaiYunoSan @Zhikodark @manzano ################# x2 #################
Brazil @DridrigoFK  @JhowCrazy @Biqueta @Makarovs ################# x1.5 #################
Vietnam @TheShyn SatanaUytki @Jefsu  @Mizuki ################# x1 #################
Cuba @Maikell       ################# x1 #################
LATAM** @Cristi       ################# x1 #################
Spain @pablobacas @isi1993 @Axelgor @DrTylerGrey ################# x1 #################
Ecuador @ArthurLeywinn  @XxDarkDemonXx @Icecubexd @borisOMG4K ################# x1 #################
Central America***  @YJos @NotWillfer CeresaWC MrXehanort ################# x1 #################
Germany @Eipott @CHUCKunso @RexB @CaptnBaklava ################# x1 #################
South Korea @edc56       ################# x1 #################
China South @YIueil @jackandmarydolov @Cake @SQ ################# x1.25 #################
Canada @MathewMat @hiddentrainerj @MamaWally @Ssundee1357 ################# x1 #################
Portugal @Shadow @pachima @razimove @DeusBruno ################# x1 #################
Venezuela @Gabriel20 @ZyzyD @CipherKS @clayclover ################# x1 #################
Colombia @Edwardinho  @MegaBladers @Kepzal @juankaba ################# x1 #################
Peru @xLuneth @LuisAnderson @JuLioZm   ################# x1 #################
Australia @Queza   @Rakuzai @xSevera ################# x1 #################

*African Nations refers to the alliance between all countries within the continent of Africa.

**LATAM refers to the alliance between the following countries: Paraguay, Uruguay, Bolivia & República Dominicana.

***Central America refers to the alliance between following countries: Nicaragua, Panama, El Savador & Costa Rica.

Belgium, @Mkns1070, waiting for the name of the last mandatory donator.

Cuba, @Maikell, waiting for @Andykillua, @lachidrago & @Lactosoid to confirm their support.

LATAM, @Cristi waiting for the names of the 3 mandatory donators.

South Korea, @edc56, waiting for the names of the 3 mandatory donators.

Peru, @xLuneth, waiting for IManjiro to confirm his/her support.

Australia, @Queza, waiting for the name of the last mandatory donator.

Deadline August 13

Assuming MeCyma confirms his support for Team South Korea, we will have 22 registered teams for this World Cup:

• 14 teams will be selected through donations
  • 8 teams will be competing in qualifers
    • 4 teams will compete in the Eastern Time Zone Qualifier (August 20th at 10 AM UTC)
      • 1 team will be selected
      • 3 teams will be put on the reserve list based on their donations and qualifier performance
    • 4 teams will compete in the Western Time Zone Qualifier (August 20th at 6 PM UTC)
      • 1 team will be selected
      • 3 teams will be put on the reserve list based on their donations and qualifier performance

Qualifiers description

Each of the 8 teams not selected through donations will be invited to compete in 1 Qualifier tournament. If a team invited to compete can't make it to the Eastern Time Zone Qualifier and another team can't make it to the Western Time Zone Qualifier, they can exchange spots. The only players that will be allowed to compete in the qualifiers will be the captain and the 3 mandatory donators. The Qualifer tournament format will be 4 participants single elimination bracket where teams face off against each other in a Bo3:

1. OU
  2. Captain Choice of Team 1 (OU/UU/NU/Dubs/LC)
  3. Captain Choice of Team 2 (OU/UU/NU/Dubs/LC)

Notes

• The donation deadline is August 19 @ 11:59 AM UTC. Any donation after the deadline will not be counted.
  • Players Registration will start following the last Qualifier Tournament on August 20.
  • Players will only be able to register for one of the 16 selected team.
  • Captains will decide whether or not they will accept the registration of the players interested to join their team.
  • Teams that do not have a minimum of 6 registered players (including captain and mandatory donators) by August 27 will be replaced by Teams on the reserve list.
  • Unselected teams will have their donations returned on August 27.