Legendary ? Where ?

26 minutes ago, CanadaSorry said:

If you think these mimic shiny hunting, you havent started shiny hunting beyond maybe free, close to pc, shunts

If you have shiny hunted in the past.....im unsure what the problem is. These arent supposed to be handed out like candy. Sorry if thats what you want....

Even if this is "less bad" shiny hunting and more in-line with vanilla Pokemon shiny hunting, there's a reason why a lot of competitive players don't mess with shiny hunting and stick to playing competitive; it's how mundane and awfully boring to just move left and right or spam sweet scent all day.

5 hours ago, Raichuforyou said:

Even if this is "less bad" shiny hunting and more in-line with vanilla Pokemon shiny hunting, there's a reason why a lot of competitive players don't mess with shiny hunting and stick to playing competitive; it's how mundane and awfully boring to just move left and right or spam sweet scent all day.

I still fail to see a problem with them adding new content that isnt exactly spoon fed. Some people get lucky, but for the most part, if you want the cool shit, you need to put the effort in, or just be lazy and buy it from the GTL. Much like shinies. 

OT or release. 

It boggles my mind. 
The Community has shared their frustration towards the way they implemented Suicune and Co.
And with the certainty of a sleepwalker they ingored the feedback and proceeded to implement the birds in the exact same way.

There was potential to implement them in unique (and actual fun) ways, like Dungeons™ or Shaymin . Which wasnt the best either, but at least you could see the light at the end of the road and had a certain outcome.

Edited by Johnwaynee
5 hours ago, CanadaSorry said:

I still fail to see a problem with them adding new content that isnt exactly spoon fed. Some people get lucky, but for the most part, if you want the cool shit, you need to put the effort in, or just be lazy and buy it from the GTL. Much like shinies. 

OT or release. 

We're not exactly asking for spoon fed content here. We're fine with a meaningful and fun grind (I think a lot of people were much better with obtaining Shaymin, for example). I think we're all pretty clear in our arguments here that we want more engaging gameplay to obtain the legendaries other than biking left and right.

On 1/4/2024 at 3:45 AM, Mkns1070 said:

Hey,

I tried to catch Suicine.. With no success

I tried to catch Raikou.. With no success

I tried to catch Entei.. With no success

I tried to catch Articuno.. With no success

I tried to catch Zapdos.. And AGAIN with no success.

I spent so much pokedollar for Lures and time to try to found them. 

How much time and money i'll spend again to catch ONLY one of them.

Where are the supposed dungeon that you promised to us to catch legendary ?

Instead of that we have randoms encounters in random locations with a random chance to find them.

HELP. I'm done.

I caught all of them except zapdos. Haven't attempted it yet. Suicune was the hardest one. Close to 300 expert lures and several normal encounters. Entei was also difficult but I'd say around 140 expert lures. Raikou came easy with just about a 100 expert and then Articuno was over 220 and then also 25 legendary lures. If you do 100 expert lures a day you should be able to get it fast. Personally I yhink the rate is a bit more than 3k single encounters but who knows. It takes on average 15+ hours minimum in my case to get them.

After Halloween ended I tried to get suicuine but didn't find him in the remaining days of November (like 12 days) sadge but this month I found zapdos and Entei each under 500 encounter 2nd and 4th January.

If you want to play PVP with it, buy it from the gtl - if you want your OT and date on it, go grind for it

don't grind PVP players as well nearly the whole month for the seasonal rewards?

You cannot have it all at once, It's still a MMO, you have to decide how much time you invest in which segment of the game.

I hope the more Legendaries are about to be implemented, the better the encounter rate.

Edited by Darkoure
2 hours ago, Raichuforyou said:

We're not exactly asking for spoon fed content here. We're fine with a meaningful and fun grind (I think a lot of people were much better with obtaining Shaymin, for example). I think we're all pretty clear in our arguments here that we want more engaging gameplay to obtain the legendaries other than biking left and right.

My only beef to pick with things like shaymin, is that its walled behind a 7 day event over the entire year, so if you cant get it in those specific days, its just out of the question until next year

Hopefully, there is some way for those who unfortunately couldnt get the wishing stone, whenever (if ever?) Jirachi is released. Not very forgiving to people with real lives and hopefully they dont have to miss out when the time comes

Maybe they could implement some sort of exchange like 1000 orbs for a triggered encounter, but i dont think they should be easy to obtain. Its something new to do, savour the hunt

Edited by CanadaSorry
8 hours ago, Zuladra said:

I would be curious to see the reaction of shiny hunters if the game asked them to play PvP matches for hours on end with no time limit.

Likewise how come a pvp player care for Ot? He can buy it in gtl or wait it shows up on wild ocasionaly, which is my case. I got articuno without hunt for it, I eventually walk on grass and got him.

Edited by MightyMichele
5 hours ago, CanadaSorry said:

My only beef to pick with things like shaymin, is that its walled behind a 7 day event over the entire year, so if you cant get it in those specific days, its just out of the question until next year

Hopefully, there is some way for those who unfortunately couldnt get the wishing stone, whenever (if ever?) Jirachi is released. Not very forgiving to people with real lives and hopefully they dont have to miss out when the time comes

Maybe they could implement some sort of exchange like 1000 orbs for a triggered encounter, but i dont think they should be easy to obtain. Its something new to do, savour the hunt

Or an alpha trade-in where you can deliver alphas and for each x31 IV you gain a 0.5% boost of Legendary Chance to spawn, stackable with Legend Lure , lasting for 1 hour and increasing for more alphas you deliver. Capped at 20% to people not pick 1000 alphas for an ensured legendary . 

Edited by caioxlive13
13 minutes ago, MightyMichele said:

Why a pvp player would care for Ot? He doesnt. He can buy it in gtl or wait it shows up on wild ocasionaly, which is my case. I got articuno without hunt for it, I eventually walk on grass and got him.

I breed my teams from scratch as part of my endgame goals, so the OT here has the symbolic value that a shiny hunter assigns to a color variation. But that is not the question here and I think you have missed the point. No one says hunting is hard and we can't buy things on the GTL. We emphasize that the legendary hunting activity does not provide any excitement and could be improved in some way.

2 hours ago, caioxlive13 said:

Or an alpha trade-in where you can deliver alphas and for each x31 IV you gain a 0.5% boost of Legendary Chance to spawn, stackable with Legend Lure , lasting for 1 hour and increasing for more alphas you deliver. Capped at 20% to people not pick 1000 alphas for an ensured legendary . 

Lets not make things too complicated. Trading alphas for legends doesnt make any sense

3 hours ago, Zuladra said:

I breed my teams from scratch as part of my endgame goals, so the OT here has the symbolic value that a shiny hunter assigns to a color variation. But that is not the question here and I think you have missed the point. No one says hunting is hard and we can't buy things on the GTL. We emphasize that the legendary hunting activity does not provide any excitement and could be improved in some way.

I see. I have got an analogy to bring excitement for you and give you a different perspective.

Imagine the hunt for legendary in PokeMMO as a modern-day version of the tale of the sword in the stone.

images(29).jpeg.30f5cfcd667df3637c1287cfc51325cd.jpeg

Just as the sword awaited the destined heir, these remarkable creatures await trainers who are willing to undertake the challenge of capturing them. While some may opt for an easier path by obtaining these Pokémon from GTL, the true essence lies in pursuing them oneself (or spontaneously meeting it on wild while doing something else, like it happened to me recently).

Similarly to how Arthur claimed the sword and fulfilled his destiny, capturing a legendary on your own not only signifies your skill but also grants you the honor of being its OT, as well marking your game history.

I hope my analogy has sparked a newfound excitement within you. Your journey to capture your legendary in PokeMMO awaits. 

Best regards,

MightyMichele 

44 minutes ago, MightyMichele said:

I see. I have got an analogy to bring excitement for you and give you a different perspective.

Imagine the hunt for legendary in PokeMMO as a modern-day version of the tale of the sword in the stone.

Just as the sword awaited the destined heir, these remarkable creatures await trainers who are willing to undertake the challenge of capturing them. While some may opt for an easier path by obtaining these Pokémon from GTL, the true essence lies in pursuing them oneself (or spontaneously meeting it on wild while doing something else, like it happened to me recently).

Similarly to how Arthur claimed the sword and fulfilled his destiny, capturing a legendary on your own not only signifies your skill but also grants you the honor of being its OT, as well marking your game history.

I hope my analogy has sparked a newfound excitement within you. Your journey to capture your legendary in PokeMMO awaits. 

Best regards,

MightyMichele 

Only the rightful king of England could pull the sword out of the stone, does that mean all the unworthy, luckless, non-pve players are not deserving of finding their legendaries? If you catch my drift

4 hours ago, CanadaSorry said:

Lets not make things too complicated. Trading alphas for legends doesnt make any sense

People already complain Alphas are being undervalued, so this is a nice way to burn them out of GTL. Also it won't give the beast, just a temporary boost to find them that can result in no encounter, like a Shiny Charm or Donor won't ensure a Shiny.

2 hours ago, LeZenor said:

Only the rightful king of England could pull the sword out of the stone, does that mean all the unworthy, luckless, non-pve players are not deserving of finding their legendaries? If you catch my drift

Strange women lying in ponds distributing legendaries is no basis for a system of government.

3 hours ago, MightyMichele said:

Best regards,

MightyMichele 

respectfully,

bruh wtf 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Best regards,

drewq

1 hour ago, drewq said:

respectfully,

bruh wtf 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Best regards,

drewq

Hello. Say "Respectfully" before say a unrespectful sentence doesn't make it more respectful.

When you find the legendary, it is a unique encounter for that season ^^

Thats a special and unique encounter in your game.

That is my meaning for the analogy if you couldn't understand.

Edited by MightyMichele
3 hours ago, LeZenor said:

Of course, we are all worth to get our legendary, as long as we did complete the history mode. ^^