Legendary ? Where ?

I got Suicune under 1000 encounters in around 2 hours of search and Entei by mere casualty without even searching for him. You guys are obviously not spamming left and right enough. Legendaries rate is fair! 🤡

Jokes aside, no. It is not fair at all (not to me at least). I don't think the idea of roaming legendaries is bad by itself, but it should not be the only way of earning an OT legendary. Biking left and right is anything but fun, not to mention the excitement on doing so during the next 6 hours just to lose all the Pay Day profit (if by any casualty you use it) into more lures. The main problem here to me is not really the encounter rate nor the biking stuff, but rather the lack of a reward for throwing away those 6 hours if lady luck is not on you. Right now it is pretty much like looking for shiny. Except, you are not looking for a shiny. You are trying to find the freaking Zapdos, a Legendary. Legendaries are ment to be hard to find. The fact is, hard doesn't mean frustrating. Maybe those so long promised dungeons help to balance things a bit. I just hope our beloved devs find a creative solution for this little big beef we all have. 

35 minutes ago, YanNewOrigin said:

Right now it is pretty much like looking for shiny. Except, you are not looking for a shiny. You are trying to find the freaking Zapdos, a Legendary. Legendaries are ment to be hard to find. The fact is, hard doesn't mean frustrating. 

All we players can do for encounter the legendaries is increase our odds, by start to walk on grass and or activate legendary lures.

I find it  interesting and exciting the fact that l each season we can find another legendary. Imagine how many rolls are happening each time that you walk on grass.  Shiny , secret shiny, legendary. That is awesome.

Edited by MightyMichele
33 minutes ago, MightyMichele said:

All we players can do for encounter the legendaries is increase our odds, by start to walk on grass and or activate legendary lures.

If that statement were to be true, no one would be complaining about getting their legendaries. No, your odds are always the same no matter how long you walk or bike or whatever you feel or need to do. Legendary lures do increase the odds but personally doesn't feel that much significant.

36 minutes ago, MightyMichele said:

I find it  interesting and exciting the fact that l each season we can find another legendary.

I agree here.

37 minutes ago, MightyMichele said:

Imagine how many rolls are happening each time that you walk on grass.  Shiny , secret shiny, legendary. That is awesome.

It is, but tell that to our man Mkns here. Sadly, awesomeness doesn't mean it's fair.

42 minutes ago, MightyMichele said:

I find it  interesting and exciting the fact that l each season we can find another legendary. Imagine how many rolls are happening each time that you walk on grass.  Shiny , secret shiny, legendary. That is awesome.

I understand your point of view, however we need to take a broader view. Most players won't pay over $100,000 for a legendary lure and let's be real, how many players like to move around the map without using repels?

1 hour ago, YanNewOrigin said:

I don't think the idea of roaming legendaries is bad by itself, but it should not be the only way of earning an OT legendary. Biking left and right is anything but fun, not to mention the excitement on doing so during the next 6 hours just to lose all the Pay Day profit (if by any casualty you use it) into more lures. The main problem here to me is not really the encounter rate nor the biking stuff, but rather the lack of a reward for throwing away those 6 hours if lady luck is not on you. Right now it is pretty much like looking for shiny. Except, you are not looking for a shiny. You are trying to find the freaking Zapdos, a Legendary. Legendaries are ment to be hard to find. The fact is, hard doesn't mean frustrating.

I agree and think something could be done to make the legendaries quest feel more like a legendary quest and less like a single encounter shiny hunt.

9 hours ago, MightyMichele said:

I see. I have got an analogy to bring excitement for you and give you a different perspective.

Imagine the hunt for legendary in PokeMMO as a modern-day version of the tale of the sword in the stone.

images(29).jpeg.30f5cfcd667df3637c1287cfc51325cd.jpeg

Just as the sword awaited the destined heir, these remarkable creatures await trainers who are willing to undertake the challenge of capturing them. While some may opt for an easier path by obtaining these Pokémon from GTL, the true essence lies in pursuing them oneself (or spontaneously meeting it on wild while doing something else, like it happened to me recently).

Similarly to how Arthur claimed the sword and fulfilled his destiny, capturing a legendary on your own not only signifies your skill but also grants you the honor of being its OT, as well marking your game history.

I hope my analogy has sparked a newfound excitement within you. Your journey to capture your legendary in PokeMMO awaits. 

Best regards,

MightyMichele 

do you think king Arthur popped a sword lure before pulling out the sword?

1 hour ago, Bearminator said:

I think a reminder that you are supposed to talk about arguments and not insult/attack each other is due.

Every player can give his/her opinion and you are free to ignore it or disagree with it. Personal attacks because someone disagrees with you are not allowed.

Give me zapdos

15 hours ago, Zuladra said:

I would be curious to see the reaction of shiny hunters if the game asked them to play PvP matches for hours on end with no time limit.

u mean like the pvp exclusive hats? most people who don't like pvp will never get those hats and the ones that do want them are gonna have to suck it up and grind for it. meanwhile for u guys, not only is the task at hand a lot easier, u even have the option to just not do it and buy the legendaries off the GTL. 

The audacity lol "lets see the reaction of shiny hunters!!!" we have been doing this for 10 years with a lot less favourable rates, now pvp guys have to stop afking in Verm for a day or 2 and they cant hack it. 

When you spend time with the goal of collecting PvP vanities, you can estimate how long it will take and you will earn money along the way. Nothing compares to going back and forth doing single encounters without any certainty of accomplishing anything in the process.

The discussion is not PvP players vs shiny hunters. But rather how to make legendary hunting more exciting. My response to your comment was sarcastic to emphasize how off-topic this thought seemed.

I don't understand why it bothers you so much that players don't like spending hours doing a repetitive, boring task when there could be more creative ways to complete these legendary quests.

Improving the game when a mechanic does not seem optimal seems to me to be beneficial for everyone.

1 hour ago, Minks said:

u mean like the pvp exclusive hats? most people who don't like pvp will never get those hats and the ones that do want them are gonna have to suck it up and grind for it. meanwhile for u guys, not only is the task at hand a lot easier, u even have the option to just not do it and buy the legendaries off the GTL. 

The audacity lol "lets see the reaction of shiny hunters!!!" we have been doing this for 10 years with a lot less favourable rates, now pvp guys have to stop afking in Verm for a day or 2 and they cant hack it. 

Pvp exclusive hats are purely cosmetic, legendaries are defintely not. That's just false equivalencey. Neither cosmetics nor shinies give you an edge over your adversaries like legendaries do. Some legendaries can be played with different moveset and natures meaning having to own several of the same pokemon just so you can be on par with the meta. Sure you can change movesets and natures, redo EVs and all but that's not practical and also quite expensive every time you must adapt your pokemon. So in order to acquire all of those pokemon, you either have to hunt for them, if the current legendary cycle allows it and if you can spare several hours a day that month before a new cycle begins, or spend tens of millions through GTL or trades to fill your pc, as more new legendaries are rolling out. It's not unreasonable to think this isn't fair. I think most people would be fine if the means to acquire legendaries were actually challenging the players and not insufferable endless grind based on rng, especially given how important they are for the competitive scene

Edited by LeZenor
2 hours ago, Minks said:

This must be one of the most jealous, envious posts I read in a long time. You should probably just stop posting and making a clown out of yourself

8 hours ago, Doctor said:

do you think king Arthur popped a sword lure before pulling out the sword?

Alrighty , @Doctor  encourages us to hunt legendaries without lures, like how King Arthur didn't need them. We also don't need them 💪 

Of course I am joking. I love the lures! I need and I want them activated the most time.

5 hours ago, Zuladra said:

Improving the game when a mechanic does not seem optimal seems to me to be beneficial for everyone.

Yeah, I have got thoughts, what if the staff made obtaining legendary more objective, similar to how King Arthur was destined to claim Excalibur? It's not a guaranteed hunt for legendaries, but imagine if every trainer had a more objective chance to acquire them. 😉

Edited by MightyMichele
22 hours ago, RysPicz said:

This must be one of the most jealous, envious posts I read in a long time. You should probably just stop posting and making a clown out of yourself

i am jealous i wish i could afk in vermilion city all day too 

On 1/6/2024 at 10:44 AM, YanNewOrigin said:

If that statement were to be true, no one would be complaining about getting their legendaries. No, your odds are always the same no matter how long you walk or bike or whatever you feel or need to do. Legendary lures do increase the odds but personally doesn't feel that much significant.

Agree. I tried to walk a lot, but I didn’t see that it brought me results

Idk what is worst, one dude complaining about randomness, or people comparing a guaranteed reward (which is also useless) vs a rng reward (pvp vanity vs legendary encounter), which happens to be needed, sure you can buy from GTL and whatnot, but I dont think that is relevant here. 

I still dont know why they took this lazy approach to the legendaries, nor why they always stay radio silent and avoid engaging with the community.