OU Tier Discussion Request Thread

Munya

26 minutes ago, Imperial said:

I agree and I think there are a few fundamental problems I've witnessed

• The fact that if something is implemented (Sharpness Gallade), a large section of the community complains because it ruins their playstyle (6 wall stall) and teamcores, but when something just as potentially 'broken' drops (Suicune), that same group tells everyone that they're making a fuss and need to adapt

It's simple, people see a wallbreak, they don't know what a "wallbreak" means and they immediately complain because it does 2hits to their walls

2 minutes ago, RysPicz said:

We might not need legendaries tbh, just adaptation I guess.

Jellicent with Taunt completely shuts down any Suicune

Toxicroak is an offensive answer

Gastrodon should be able to deal with it as well

CM Reuniclus is capable of winning the CM war thanks to access to Psyshock/ Stored Power

Shedinja kappa

Unaware Clefable

Empoleon

Hazards (especially toxic spikes), encore, trick

just some things from the top of my head which currently are in the metagame that can help dealing with it. Although I can't disagree, that the implementation of more HAs (Seismitoad for example) and Legendaries (Celebi is the first one that comes to my mind) would make it much easier to handle.

Let's just give it some time, it's not even been a week.

Toxicroak, gastrodon, reuniclus, clefable , shedinja all loose if you change only 1 move from the rest cm sclad sub set and that's a problem that you dont need to change all of your move/ev to win against pokemon that can check it. And even without changing move some lose to pp stall.
Even with time i dont see where Suicune can bring us to a good metagame actually. Maybe i will be wrong and i hope im wrong but atm is it difficult to find a way with what we have to deal with it. 

1 hour ago, RysPicz said:

We might not need legendaries tbh, just adaptation I guess.

Jellicent with Taunt completely shuts down any Suicune

Toxicroak is an offensive answer

CM Reuniclus is capable of winning the CM war thanks to access to Psyshock/ Stored Power

Shedinja kappa

Unaware Clefable

Empoleon

Hazards (especially toxic spikes), encore, trick

just some things from the top of my head which currently are in the metagame that can help dealing with it. Although I can't disagree, that the implementation of more HAs (Seismitoad for example) and Legendaries (Celebi is the first one that comes to my mind) would make it much easier to handle.

Let's just give it some time, it's not even been a week.

hum, no.

All of those end up losing to Suicune, except for Jellicent. 

Toxicroak also needs a very tailored set to deal with Suicune, and even then loses if Suicune has ice beam. 

People are giving the outputs about Suicune. we need to remember, for now only like... 6-7% of players at best will have suicune avaliable until next month. I didn't founded one until now to test AV serp and see if this really helps.
And also, the Anniversary event is coming and new HAs can drop. I think the best we can do is wait the next 45 days. If the event happens and drop something capable of checking suicune, great. If not, we can conduct a proper suspect test. There is like, no point on suspecting suicune and banning it, for in like one week, Raikou drops and a possible answer gets avaliable. Like there was no point in try to ban Serperior on September 2022, to like in October start dropping answers for it(Crobat Infiltrator and Chandelure Infiltrator, both was capable of handling serp until Amoongus arrived.)

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, caioxlive13 said:

@Munya sorry for being off-topic but the thread for movements was already closed. 

movements live now? The changes wasn't supposed to be tommorow?

Tomorrow is Munya's wedding night, you can't expect him to come back home just to make the tier changes in PokeMMO.

于2023/8/19 PM11点18分,RysPicz 说:

Unaware Clefable

Empoleon

These will lose to Pressure Ability in 1 vs 1, A Sub+Protect CM suicune, best answer could be bring two mons to check it, let Suicune do not have enough moves to beat other one. Like Sub+Protect Glisgor + Chansey.

Or Leafstorm+giga drain Serp, Bullet seed Ferrothoron, np rotom-wash, Infiltrator Toxic Golbat. Might good as well

21 minutes ago, caioxlive13 said:

I think some pivot set or choice specs will be popular, because Raikou is the only mon that are a decent volt-switch pivot, excluding rotom. Also, why people would run Aura Sphere? HP ice imo is better for coverage.

Sphere hits bliss/chans, ttar, ferro, and magnezone for super effective. 

21 minutes ago, caioxlive13 said:

I think some pivot set or choice specs will be popular, because Raikou is the only mon that are a decent volt-switch pivot, excluding rotom. Also, why people would run Aura Sphere? HP ice imo is better for coverage.

12 minutes ago, epicdavenport said:

makes sense except for blissey

ppl run Ice beam/Flamethrower on bliss instead of Seismic, so... cm Subs and you will be on +6 very quick.

Also, i'm curious to know what Ferro and Magnezone could do vs Raikou. Magnezone is absolutely nothing. Ferro is 3 Spikes + Rocks but i'll exchange it gladly for time to use... 5 calm minds and sweep your whole team.

Edited by caioxlive13
8 hours ago, DoubleJ said:
8 hours ago, DoubleJ said:

Raikou has great speed, power, and a unique moveset that can handle a lot of threats. If you beta players held onto Jolteon in OU, then I anticipate Raikou being there too. We shall see though. 

Will Scald Raikou be viable, or will CM + Sub + Tbolt + Aura Sphere run supreme???

Bolt Beam>Bolt Scald I guess, bolt beam hits the entire metagame while my favorite set is CM Bolt Hp Ice and (Aura Sphere/Toxic/Substitute) Raikou looks like awesome to metagame, a good offensive mon to run in Volt Turns , it's pretty strong but it looks like healthier than suicune, there are some solid counters as Chansey and Gastrodon (i'll not talk about psychos running rest or hp grass sets)

My previews are:

In big tournament Poffs, Raikou will get one of highest usages, Gastrodon will rise to OU, people probably will start to run techs as Yache Berry Garchomp to surprise and kill CM Kou, techs as Shed Shell Raikou to escape of his biggest threat (Dugtrio) and the rise of physical scarf users as Excadrill,Darmanitan,Garchomp to revenge kill it easier (Raikou is the third fastest thing in OU, just losing to weavile and dugtrio and tying with Starmie)